View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
Isphius
500whp yet?

Isphius is on a distinguished road
Default How is this legal????

Ok, So i got a dam $1039(way to fuckin excessive) fine back in june, for shooting a slingshot in the woods. I got arrested, they took my slingshot, gave me a court date, all that stuff. The judge treated me like a total asshole(I dont see why because I have no prior record) and gave me a deal, 50$ a week till its paid off, with a 200$ down payment kinda thing. Well shit got tight at home, i payed about 500$ of it, and I stopped, Cause I had to pay rent, bills, etc, And that 200$ a month was really hurting. Then I got a new job a few months back, and a promotion, Made some more money. This was over the course of the last few weeks. Since I stopped paying the fine, They suspended my license and issued a warrant for my arrest. I planned on just saving the 500 whatever dollars and paying it all at once, they didnt need to suspend my license. This is where the illegal and just plain ridiculous stuff starts. 2 nights ago, A cop pulled up behind me, while I was stopped at a red light. As soon as I started going, he pulled me over. He looked up my plates and saw the suspension. I thought the police had to have a reason to run your tags? I guess not. Then he calls me in, sees that I have a warrant out. So i goto jail, get a court date 2 weeks from now, And a receipt saying I paid the bail. The cops told me I take the receipt to the DMV on monday and get my license restored. I goto the DMV today. Not only do they charge me the 100$ restoration fee, But my license is still suspended untill the judge says I can drive again, Which is freakin 2 weeks from now. This is freakin ridiculous, Its all a scam to make money. I am now going to lose my job because I cant get to work, I cant get to school every day, Im gona get kicked out of my house, and get my car reposessed. All this for nothing that has to do with my totally clean, point free license in the first place. Which Is my point, Why is it legal for the court to take away my license just for a fine? Cant they do it the way, say, A credit card company does? They issue a bad credit report and sue you. I would be happy with that. Imagine if everyone you owed money could suspend your license, how much fun would that be, And then another totally different agency charges you 100$ to get it back when all they did was write a suspended license report into their file? Im so thouroughly pissed off and I have no idea what to do, So sorry for the long post. But if anyone has any advice, Please help. My entire life is screwed at the moment.

Last edited by Isphius; 01-22-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Isphius is offline   Reply With Quote