Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 01-28-2006, 02:58 AM   #1
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road
Default Carshow Arsehole

So I went to the weekly Friday car show tonight here in South Fl. There was one MKIII Supra. Two tone, blue and black. 87 1JZ. The hood was half open and i've always been interested in 1jzs. So I opened it more. Only to be "greeted" by the guy who owns the car. Yea i understand ask before you touch. But damn. This was an unecessary reaction. He almost wanted to fight me. Needless to say I'm 6'3" 235 lbs and 18 years old. Guys like this give supra owners a bad name. It seems like its getting this way now. I can see a few examples of bad attitude of some of the newer owners of this car on these message boards. Whats with the rudeness of some of the people now? I take my dad to the show hoping to show him some nice supras and get a reaction like that from him. WTF? O well. I guess thats the way people are. But i dont kno.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #2
Bullz_EyE
3" Exhaust

Bullz_EyE is on a distinguished road

Not being an ass, but it's not your car, you don't know the owner, why would you touch it without asking?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:48 AM   #3
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

Eh, It is easy to be very polite when others are being polite, but when people do what I would consider rude, then I guess other people would not appear to be so interested in behaving in what I would consider to be polite.

No offense, but I I ABSOLUTELY HATE, HATE, HATE people even coming NEAR my bike, much less touching it!
One guy rested his hand over my tail while holding a cigarette.
Now if that cigarette were to fall down, my $4500 paint job--that is extremely hard to fix--would have to be redone. But I highly doubt that the fellow that rested his hand even knew how much time and effort or the difficulty level of fixing that part would be. He told me that he would buy me a new panel if the cigarette were to fall, but I told him that it can't be bought and it would need to be custom painted again.
If someone were to sit on my bike without asking me, I just might consider getting physical.

I don't even touch my own paint unless the surface is wet with soapy water, why the hell should someone I don't even know be allowed to touch something that he did not work on or buy!

As far as people leaning on my car, I had it painted and I spent lots and lots of work on that paintjob. I don't even lean on it, why should someone else come over and make a couch out of my car. Rivets on jeans can leave scratches--that they won't easily pay for.

I don't come to your or anyone else's house uninvited and sit where you or anyone else's doesn't want to, SO why right would one think that they could just touch or sit on my things without an invitation or without asking?

IMO, if something is not yours, NOT only do you not have a right to touch it, but should also keep a decent amount of distance or what would be considered personal space as with somone's woman.

Just like with someone's woman whom you may not know:
1) Don't touch.
2) Don't get so close that that the owner/bf/husband has to take time out and watch you.

I only posted because I am on the extreme other side of your beliefs on this matter.

Last edited by TONY!; 01-28-2006 at 05:53 AM.
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:50 AM   #4
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

Just trying to get a closer look at the engine. But thats not the point. My point is, why would someone have that reaction? Uncalled for and completely unecessary. Its not like i did something to piss him off previously. And weve talked a few times before in junkyards or at the same car show.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:33 AM   #5
joel w
Lexus & 550's

joel w is on a distinguished road

Ive been to alot of car shows, no offense here either. but never ever ever never ever touch some ones rig without permission.... lol.. the owner is always with in view and most owners,, if you get thier attention in some other way,,,they will gladly give you a closer look..

And to answer your Q: its called taking pride in their car. like tony said. touching dry paint is like applying fine sand paper to his paint and he also has no idea what your doing under his hood. he may not have recognized you and just saw someone touching it and went defense mode on you..
joel w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:00 AM   #6
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

Ok. I see where you're all coming from. But in my defense, the hood was already raised so I simply lifted it to get a better look. I didnt touch any paint on the outside of the car, only the underside of the hood. I have a great respect for other peoples property, i guess i must've been a little careless with this one. Damn, why cant i get quick posts like this on my other threads where i actually need help. Lol.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:20 AM   #7
kwnate
SP58GT

kwnate is on a distinguished road

Don't touch my car. thanks

kwnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:38 AM   #8
j3pz
500whp yet?

j3pz is on a distinguished road

lol at above. maybe he was drunk...??? i know im very protective of my car. well not very but if someone i dont know is around i get concerned and watch em and talk to them to make sure they arent gonna go nothin. on the other side if im lookin at someone's car/truck/bike/van whatever, ill look at with my eyes and if the owner comes around i might ask to look inside or under the hood. not trying to upset you or nothing but you were in the wrong in this situation. we all know you didnt mean any harm but you need to considerate, not that you werent be. you just need to be aware of what you are doin and the reactions that may occur from it.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:16 PM   #9
Suprazeus
Intake

Suprazeus is on a distinguished road

I would like to say that I am a nice guy but when it comes to my car Im an asshole. I let you touch it and lean on it if I know you but the second I see soembody I dont know eyein it i get a lil hestitant . I had one incedent where my friend disrespected the MKIII and I had to put him in his place (a matter of principles). I just love the MKIII bottom line.

All of my friends have hondas/acuras except for one so I have to hold it down in A-town

I'd say if you dont know the owner its best to ask.

Last edited by Suprazeus; 01-31-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Suprazeus is offline   Reply With Quote