View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 05:48 AM   #3
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

Eh, It is easy to be very polite when others are being polite, but when people do what I would consider rude, then I guess other people would not appear to be so interested in behaving in what I would consider to be polite.

No offense, but I I ABSOLUTELY HATE, HATE, HATE people even coming NEAR my bike, much less touching it!
One guy rested his hand over my tail while holding a cigarette.
Now if that cigarette were to fall down, my $4500 paint job--that is extremely hard to fix--would have to be redone. But I highly doubt that the fellow that rested his hand even knew how much time and effort or the difficulty level of fixing that part would be. He told me that he would buy me a new panel if the cigarette were to fall, but I told him that it can't be bought and it would need to be custom painted again.
If someone were to sit on my bike without asking me, I just might consider getting physical.

I don't even touch my own paint unless the surface is wet with soapy water, why the hell should someone I don't even know be allowed to touch something that he did not work on or buy!

As far as people leaning on my car, I had it painted and I spent lots and lots of work on that paintjob. I don't even lean on it, why should someone else come over and make a couch out of my car. Rivets on jeans can leave scratches--that they won't easily pay for.

I don't come to your or anyone else's house uninvited and sit where you or anyone else's doesn't want to, SO why right would one think that they could just touch or sit on my things without an invitation or without asking?

IMO, if something is not yours, NOT only do you not have a right to touch it, but should also keep a decent amount of distance or what would be considered personal space as with somone's woman.

Just like with someone's woman whom you may not know:
1) Don't touch.
2) Don't get so close that that the owner/bf/husband has to take time out and watch you.

I only posted because I am on the extreme other side of your beliefs on this matter.

Last edited by TONY!; 01-28-2006 at 05:53 AM.
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote