Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge View Post
and on this note, i appreciate your service, but there are several vets that are racing, with ONE LIMB. several british soldiers with limbs missing are competing in the dakar rally. where there is a will, theres a way. if you wanted to and tried, you could do it.
No I got TBI from a IED and have not been the same. I got up too quickly and passed out. Spent 3 days in the VA hospital. So g forces an me are not a good thing. However I am not ready to give up my guy.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #22
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87supra7mgte View Post
first off i would like to say to ranma, i feel for you, im in afghanistan right now, have been here for 3 months and already have had guys with TBI. i personally have not gotten blown up yet so i cannot say i know what your going through with that. thank you for serving this country, even with all the BS that happens out here. Hope things get better for you.

second, im 22, bought my 87 when i was 21 and plan to bring her back to a little better than stock no matter how long it takes to do the body work properly, this car is going to be my baby and will pass it on to my kids hoping to inspire them to learn how to do atleast basic maintenance on cars.
I thank you for serving our country as well. I wonder if KBR is in charge of the mess halls in Afghanistan? At FOB Falcon, Baghdad you could tell the day of the week by what was served. Friday was "steak and lobster". Not sure about the other but it was NOT beef! Being in a combat zone in my late 40's stunk. Then again the fobs stank!
About the tbi will live to enjoy life but sometimes write the silliest of things. Will look back over some of it with disbelief.
About our cars they are not replaceable. Once they are gone they are gone. So many people get them for their kids as a cheap ride and after a few years get junked. Just try and find the first muscle cars. They are mostly gone, and kids (no disrespect) try and be good. I know it is hard, it is hard for me too. There are times in the morning, on freeways encountering the foxtrot alpha.... Oh I am 52
Old 10-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #23
SURFERDAVE
Stock

SURFERDAVE is on a distinguished road
Default Smells like rubber burning

WOW. I light my tires up and tell my age and it gets moved to another topic. Wasnt trying to start a firestorm but its good to hear other 40 somethings like to drive their cars hard. Good to hear you younger guys are keeping these hot cars looking good. I have been lucky enough to drive this car since 1988 and my son will drive this also when he is old enough and earns it. Probably when he turns 30, hopefully he will get sick of waiting and go buy his own. Then we will see who can slide the best. Smoke em if you can.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #24
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

It wasn't really about your post.. it was just that the other thread started sliding sideways.. lol.

I think CRE is equipped with ABS
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #25
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

dave, its no big deal. i got a lil out of hand after saying "im not going to argue about this here" haha.

im 24 years old, dont have the supra anymore, but im putting a 7m in my truck. i generally drive pretty mundanely, but i have my bouts of "spirited driving".

i just finished putting on a CAI on my buddies 96 taurus SHO last night, and had a lil run around the block. i dont think its at all wrong to drive fast or anything, but a time a place is available for it. frankly on the road, as long as you are safe and not endangering anyone, then i dont see a huge issue. some ppl dont agree with that, and thats fine. its a world full of different ppl and opinions.

anyway, enjoy driving however you see fit, and dont let anyone tell you what you should or should not do with your car!

cheers peeps.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #26
ferrie killer
Stock

ferrie killer is on a distinguished road

Ranma you must be stupid running with no cat is a crime shit my 89 supra is straight piped its called safty only learn about it befor you sound stupid 89 and back is safty only next year it will be 90 and back
ferrie killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #27
SURFERDAVE
Stock

Default felt it also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandavi View Post
It wasn't really about your post.. it was just that the other thread started sliding sideways.. lol.

I think CRE is equipped with ABS
Ya I felt the slide too. If the Dude needs to spout then who am I but I was trying not to fuel his rage, very tempted cause it looked easy. Thanks and good job.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #28
SURFERDAVE
Stock

Default No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge View Post
dave, its no big deal. i got a lil out of hand after saying "im not going to argue about this here" haha.

im 24 years old, dont have the supra anymore, but im putting a 7m in my truck. i generally drive pretty mundanely, but i have my bouts of "spirited driving".

i just finished putting on a CAI on my buddies 96 taurus SHO last night, and had a lil run around the block. i dont think its at all wrong to drive fast or anything, but a time a place is available for it. frankly on the road, as long as you are safe and not endangering anyone, then i dont see a huge issue. some ppl dont agree with that, and thats fine. its a world full of different ppl and opinions.

anyway, enjoy driving however you see fit, and dont let anyone tell you what you should or should not do with your car!

cheers peeps.
Thanks for the thumbs up. Good luck with the truck, what a good idea. It should rip. But go EASY. DOUBLE CAT AND MUFFLE THAT THING. Sorry bout that, save the cats for an Oldsmobile. How can the heavens hear you coming with mufflers?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #29
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

yea, i plan on it being pretty quick. especially once i get the S/C on it. trying to figure this durafix stuff out, i think i need a hotter torch. just wait till i get the stroker/twin charged one rolling

whats a muffler? i thought cats were pets??
Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 AM   #30
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrie killer View Post
Ranma you must be stupid running with no cat is a crime shit my 89 supra is straight piped its called safty only learn about it befor you sound stupid 89 and back is safty only next year it will be 90 and back
Its legal to run without a cat in my province.. lol.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote