View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #22
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87supra7mgte View Post
first off i would like to say to ranma, i feel for you, im in afghanistan right now, have been here for 3 months and already have had guys with TBI. i personally have not gotten blown up yet so i cannot say i know what your going through with that. thank you for serving this country, even with all the BS that happens out here. Hope things get better for you.

second, im 22, bought my 87 when i was 21 and plan to bring her back to a little better than stock no matter how long it takes to do the body work properly, this car is going to be my baby and will pass it on to my kids hoping to inspire them to learn how to do atleast basic maintenance on cars.
I thank you for serving our country as well. I wonder if KBR is in charge of the mess halls in Afghanistan? At FOB Falcon, Baghdad you could tell the day of the week by what was served. Friday was "steak and lobster". Not sure about the other but it was NOT beef! Being in a combat zone in my late 40's stunk. Then again the fobs stank!
About the tbi will live to enjoy life but sometimes write the silliest of things. Will look back over some of it with disbelief.
About our cars they are not replaceable. Once they are gone they are gone. So many people get them for their kids as a cheap ride and after a few years get junked. Just try and find the first muscle cars. They are mostly gone, and kids (no disrespect) try and be good. I know it is hard, it is hard for me too. There are times in the morning, on freeways encountering the foxtrot alpha.... Oh I am 52