Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 08-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
Supra chick's dad
Stock

Supra chick's dad is on a distinguished road
Default Slipping clutch blues...

Got a new centerforce stage 1 and all new hydrolics but clutch won't engage. Slips like a bad boy and no visible oil on the plate or disc. Anyone out there ever have this problem??? Pedal won't return properly after pushing it down. Feels fine with the engine off but funky when the engine is running. By funky I mean doesn't come up quickly. Kinda takes it's time and doesn't hook up. Car won't move at all. Flywheel was turned, new pilot bearing, T.O. bearing disc and plate. Weirdass deal...
Supra chick's dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

Maybe the clutch isn't bled properly

Or the the plate is on the wrong way

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
Supra chick's dad
Stock

Default clutch blues

Yeah, maybe, but I've bled it so many times I can't even remember. Solid stream of clean fluid and no air. Could be some trick to it, but I think it's good. I just relplaced the master again so as to eliminate that possibility. The slave's action can be seen through the drivers side inspection opening. It appears to pull the p.p. and release it. But I can't watch it when trying to drive the car. I had the flywheel cut when installing the clutch and it was cut all the way across so I know that's all good. Just wondering if anyone else is running a centerforce and had the same trouble. Feels like a hydraulic issue with the pedal all funky, but 2 masters and a new slave and still sucks. I 'm stumped...
Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra chick's dad
Yeah, maybe, but I've bled it so many times I can't even remember. Solid stream of clean fluid and no air. Could be some trick to it, but I think it's good. I just relplaced the master again so as to eliminate that possibility. The slave's action can be seen through the drivers side inspection opening. It appears to pull the p.p. and release it. But I can't watch it when trying to drive the car. I had the flywheel cut when installing the clutch and it was cut all the way across so I know that's all good. Just wondering if anyone else is running a centerforce and had the same trouble. Feels like a hydraulic issue with the pedal all funky, but 2 masters and a new slave and still sucks. I 'm stumped...
I was adviced against centerforce when I was looking for a clutch,
My stage 3 ddnt come thru,
Right now I'm using a stage1 spec clutch, which suprisingly holds jus fine
I'm yet to drift the car, and see how much the clutch can really take

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #5
Supra chick's dad
Stock

Default slipping clutch blues.

I think after playing with it yesterday that the slave could be the problem. It could be the master though but I've put 2 new ones on so far. Whichever part has the pressure relief valve built in is likely the problem part as the clutch appears to work fine when manually applied. I can't drive it without the slave installed, but when I pry the clutch fork with a bar, the clutch works properly. The problem again is the clutch won't engage. I wasn't sure if it was slipping or not engaging as the symptoms are the same. But it appears to be dry in there and with the slave removed the disk is on the flywheel. When I reinstall the slave and pump the clutch a few times it won't engage, so I am thinking the pressure relief is stuck and holding the disk away from the flywheel.
The only other thought on this is a friend said the disk sometimes sticks to the input shaft if marine lube isn't used. But this clutch only has 10 miles on it before it started acting up. I used white lithium grease as suggested by Centerforce. I don't think it's hanging up but rather that it's not being allowed to make full contact due to a stuck pressure relief valve. Since I've tried 2 new masters (The relief valve on brakes is in the master) and no improvement, I'm gonna try a second new slave. It's the only thing that makes any sense to me right now. Thanks for the thoughts dude!