Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 06-10-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Question Vacuum lines

I picked up my car yesterday after having a new head gasket job done. The guy did a pretty good job, and it runs well, but I noticed some of the vacuum lines crossed so I reffered to my photos and cygnus to straighten it out. Here is a question for maybe one of you more knowledgeable engine guys. There is a line from the Speed Control Actuator that runs to a tee. A small line from the tee runs to the flat part of the back of the intake manifold, the rest continues on to the firewall where it connects to a sort of hard pipe, crosses the firewall, and connects to a part that I don't know the name of. It is directly behind the Charcoal cannister and is bell shaped. At that point the line splits in two. It got dark and I had to quit for the night. Any help guys (or gals)

Scruffboy

89 N/A Supra, 5 speed, TEMS, Moon Roof, all stock, Black with beautiful Burgundy interior, lots of new parts, oil changed every 3 months like clockwork.
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Its the heater core VSV
Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
scruffboy
walbro fp

Thumbs up Thanks DC

I gotta lot of reading to do. Some day I have to get around to putting that cygnus into a book form. Workin with a laptop on your fender at night aint too cool. Hey, by the way, what happend to hormone boy, I haven't heard from him since I told Meg his cars don't run, lol. Actually I hope he gets at least one of em runnin. I don't think I could have 2 Supras in my driveway and not be able to drive one.

Scruffboy

89 N/A Supra, 5 speed, TEMS, Moon Roof, all stock, Black with beautiful Burgundy interior, lots of new parts, oil changed every 3 months like clockwork.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Lol, he's probably suppressing his hormones one way or another.

I have one that runs fine but I can't drive it because it needs a new set of tires and a rear window. I'm dying to drive the damn thing. Tires and window are getting put on in the next few days. Hopefully all in one day. It's amazing that I have such a need to drive something. Lol. I can't wait to start modding it again. No job = no modding. I'm too lazy to go job hunting. But I'll start looking again on Monday.

Although I did just buy a "mod". A knock sensor rewiring kit. But I hate working with wiring so I'll have to do it against my will.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #5
scruffboy
walbro fp

Default I hear ya,

I hate anything that has wires coming out of it. I'm partly color blind as it is and when they say "green and gray wires" I can't tell the damn difference. I was supposed to be a jet mechanic in the Marine Corps and wound up in the Infantry when they found out I was color blind. What a bitch, luggin an M60 up and down the mountains of the Phillippines, good God what was I thinking. Good luck with the car. I just lost my job, thank God I got that head gasket thing out of the way first. At least now I'll be able to drive to interviews.

See Ya

Scruffboy

Old 06-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
scruffboy
walbro fp

Default By the way

You said you are replacing the rear window. Just the glass or the whole lid? Sounds like a lot of work. Will the new one have the defogger built into the glass? By the way, checked out your site. The new rims are righteous, but I would have been happy with the ones that were on it. IMO they were very nice. I know what you mean about having an urge to drive a car. Mine just spent a week in the shop and let me tell you, the buses here in North Jersey are like rolling zoos. I kept a .22 in my shoulder bag with the zipper open for easy access, the sh*t is that bad up here (I work in Newark [oopps, i meant worked]). You wear the wrong color and they're bustin caps in your ass.

Later,

Scruffboy

Old 06-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Carrying a concealed weapon? You better have a permit for that.

Newark is a shithole. My condolences.

Sounds like the mechanic that worked on your supra just halfassed slapped your engine back together. I still think you could have done a better job. Hope it lasts more than a couple hundred miles.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
scruffboy
walbro fp

Default Hey IHH

I wouldn't completely knock the guy, he's been in business in town for 35 yrs with a lot of repeat business. I could tell he was not familiar with the 7mge. I left him with cygnus printouts of the head replacement sequence and he sort took it grudgingly. Then when I stopped by to check his progress, that printout was on the hood with grease marks on every page. Actually, I just got laid off, the day the car came out of the shop. SHHIIITT, I would have had plenty of time to try to do the job. I would have been a little nervous though, what do you do if something goes wrong and your cars in pieces in your driveway? I always seem to run into a broken or stripped bolt or something else that just stops me in my tracks. It's like, I know what needs to be done, I just have trouble doin it. I guess I don't have a grease thumb, but I try.

Scruffboy

Old 06-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #9
j3pz
500whp yet?

j3pz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffboy
Hey, by the way, what happend to hormone boy
aw thats sweet, you missed me? i dont check the forum for a couple days and you think i left? id atleast say im leaving if i was... aw im flattered...

/threadjack
Old 06-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
scruffboy
walbro fp

Cool Hey,

At least I showed some compasion and wished you well on gettin one of your cars runnin. When it comes to the ladies, sorry, but every hormone for himself dude.

Scruff