Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 04-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
Dinner
Stock

Dinner is on a distinguished road
Default 1990 Supra Turbo...What would you offer?

I saw this classified on kijiji.ca for a 1990 Supra Turbo, they have it listed under the "cars over $5000" section but have the price listed as best offer. I know it's hard to say from the pictures but what do you think the price should be?

Here's the site:

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...QAdIdZ12204479
Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
dannydavi
12psi boost

dannydavi is on a distinguished road

Looks good, but would require some inspection if your nearby, $5K max. probably
ToyotaPart.com
MKIIITSRM
dannydavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
Dinner
Stock

All right cool. It's close so going to look at it won't be a problem. Hopefully I'll be able to sometime soon
Old 04-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
dannydavi
12psi boost

dannydavi is on a distinguished road

deffinetly try and get it for less, cause you can for sure, make sure it runs good and for a good amount of time, let it warm up and everything. and check for signs of BHG(faq section for the signs)
ToyotaPart.com
MKIIITSRM
dannydavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:49 AM   #5
Monkey
3" Exhaust

Monkey is on a distinguished road

If you pay $5,000.00 for a car, no matter what kind of car it is, and it's not in immaculate conditon, then you need kicked in the nuts. I can tell by looking at the pics that it's not anywhere close to being worth that much. I saw an early 90's model RX-7 i believe, for sale in a Walmart parking lot where i live, and the guy wanted like around $7,000.00, i think. I never had such a good laugh in my whole life. Now, don't get me wrong. The car looked good, and it was in very good condition, but no car that old is worth that much money, unless you've actually sunk like 20,000 dollars into it, or more, and you're trying to get back at least half of your investment back, on it. Sorry, hate to burst anyone's bubble on that one. Remember, one man's trash is another man's treasure. Vice versa. Also, a fool and his money are soon parted, as my old man always said.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
Dinner
Stock

I totally agree with you

Know way in hell I'm going to pay anywhere near $5000 for a 1990... I don't care what kind of car it that just ridiculous lol. Plus I'm sure the Canadian weather hasn't been too good on it so there's no way it'll be in aboslute perfect condition. Hopefully they still have it and I'll be able to go take a look sometime soon.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinner
I saw this classified on kijiji.ca for a 1990 Supra Turbo, they have it listed under the "cars over $5000" section but have the price listed as best offer. I know it's hard to say from the pictures but what do you think the price should be?

Here's the site:

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...QAdIdZ12204479
Did everybody miss this or I'm missing sumthing
Ddnt the 80-92 mk3's had that little bump on top of the front bumper??
Isn't that what most distinguishes post 89 supras? Or that only applies with usdm version?
Either that, or that car got into an accident and had to be replaced
If it was me I will offer him 3500 tops
Nothing more
And its been driven in snow, be sure to look underneath the car and the wheel wells too, check for sum rust,
Open the hatch and take off the spare and look for flooding and rust in there too
Feel the carpet if its wet, proves that water has been getting into the car

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #8
Dinner
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2NR
Did everybody miss this or I'm missing sumthing
Ddnt the 80-92 mk3's had that little bump on top of the front bumper??
Isn't that what most distinguishes post 89 supras? Or that only applies with usdm version?
Either that, or that car got into an accident and had to be replaced
If it was me I will offer him 3500 tops
Nothing more
And its been driven in snow, be sure to look underneath the car and the wheel wells too, check for sum rust,
Open the hatch and take off the spare and look for flooding and rust in there too
Feel the carpet if its wet, proves that water has been getting into the car
I didn't notice that until you mentioned it, and after I went Googling for some images lol. But, it seems you're right.

I've never dealt with Supras, so the Supra scene is new to me. I really want one and am trying to get as much info as possble before I buy (I love this forum BTW). I'll have to look extra closely to check for any frame damage or anything "suspicious."

Also, here in Ontario, Canada (not sure what it's like anywhere else) the buyer HAS to provide a UVIP (Used Vehicle Inspection Package) which shows the complete history of the car. This includes kilometers, where and when the car was bought and by who, accidents, liens, all that fun stuff. The dealers like to keep those a secret though, most people just don't know enough to ask to see it and end up getting screwed.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:32 AM   #9
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinner
I didn't notice that until you mentioned it, and after I went Googling for some images lol. But, it seems you're right.

I've never dealt with Supras, so the Supra scene is new to me. I really want one and am trying to get as much info as possble before I buy (I love this forum BTW). I'll have to look extra closely to check for any frame damage or anything "suspicious."

Also, here in Ontario, Canada (not sure what it's like anywhere else) the buyer HAS to provide a UVIP (Used Vehicle Inspection Package) which shows the complete history of the car. This includes kilometers, where and when the car was bought and by who, accidents, liens, all that fun stuff. The dealers like to keep those a secret though, most people just don't know enough to ask to see it and end up getting screwed.
well looks like what he's selling isnt a 90 after all
be sure not to get screwed like i got b4
since your new to the supra scene
the mk3 might be old and outdated by sum standard
but pple that buy them do love them
and if sumbody is selling it, most of the time theres sumthing wrong with it

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:55 AM   #10
Dinner
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2NR
well looks like what he's selling isnt a 90 after all
be sure not to get screwed like i got b4
since your new to the supra scene
the mk3 might be old and outdated by sum standard
but pple that buy them do love them
and if sumbody is selling it, most of the time theres sumthing wrong with it
I figured as much. Probably some teen's parents gave it to him and they just drove the crap out of it. There's a member on CB7Tuner.com with and 87 Supra http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...0&page=1&pp=20 same front....maybe it's and 87 and not 90? Or aftermarket bumper maybe? I don't know lol. Either way, the guy seems to be trying to get more money than that what it's worth by putting it in the "over $5000" section. Of course listed as "Best Offer" isn't a good sign either. Oh well, I still want to look at it lol.

Edit April 19:
I went to look at the Supra before class today. The front passenger tire is completely flat so a test drive is out of the question. Also, everyone working there either didn't even look at me or could speak English so, just starting it and checking anything mechanical was out of the question.

What I WAS able to notice is that the trunk is filled with water (you could see the tire rusting through from the bottom) and rust on the passenger side bottom panels as well as a couple little spots you could see the floor through the bottom at the back . The rest of it looked good though, it had a nice paintjob . I would be able to fix the rust myself (it wouldn't be good but I'd get the job done ).

I really wish I could've started it up though, the owners saw me and completely ignored me so I couldn't! Plus, they were on their cells phones the entire time I was there so saying something to them was impossible.

So, it's not looking good... crappy service, car not very well taken care of, can't test drive or start up due to the crappy service. *Sigh* I might go back sometime with my little brother though, he doesn't mind speaking up lol.

No wonder it's still sitting there. Probably worth $500 but are asking $5000.

Last edited by Dinner; 04-19-2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: New Info
Dinner is offline   Reply With Quote