View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 AM   #8
Dinner
Stock

Dinner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2NR
Did everybody miss this or I'm missing sumthing
Ddnt the 80-92 mk3's had that little bump on top of the front bumper??
Isn't that what most distinguishes post 89 supras? Or that only applies with usdm version?
Either that, or that car got into an accident and had to be replaced
If it was me I will offer him 3500 tops
Nothing more
And its been driven in snow, be sure to look underneath the car and the wheel wells too, check for sum rust,
Open the hatch and take off the spare and look for flooding and rust in there too
Feel the carpet if its wet, proves that water has been getting into the car
I didn't notice that until you mentioned it, and after I went Googling for some images lol. But, it seems you're right.

I've never dealt with Supras, so the Supra scene is new to me. I really want one and am trying to get as much info as possble before I buy (I love this forum BTW). I'll have to look extra closely to check for any frame damage or anything "suspicious."

Also, here in Ontario, Canada (not sure what it's like anywhere else) the buyer HAS to provide a UVIP (Used Vehicle Inspection Package) which shows the complete history of the car. This includes kilometers, where and when the car was bought and by who, accidents, liens, all that fun stuff. The dealers like to keep those a secret though, most people just don't know enough to ask to see it and end up getting screwed.