Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 04-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #21
suprra_girl
7M POWAH! ;)

suprra_girl has a spectacular aura aboutsuprra_girl has a spectacular aura about

absolutely not
they should have phoned you if they were going to replace any other parts not already agreed to

more than likely they probly saw that you wouldn't kick up a fuss if they added something so they took advantage of that

have you paid them yet? (if no....) and...
have you got your car back? (if yes...)

pay em $20 a week LOL

that should annoy them suffiently

Pics of my build.

"Good girls are just bad girls that don't get caught"

Do a diagnostic first!
suprra_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #22
lethalwithasupra
3" Exhaust

lethalwithasupra is on a distinguished road

You had a written qoute for a very specific list of jobs. That should have been all they did. Should have called you and asked permission. And they shouldn't get pissed at you asking to be told, that just totally lacks professionalism.

If you don't have the money and really don't feel like paying it you could try to " settle " on a moderate price. They could also offer to remove it and reinstall the old one at no charge ... But if you really did need the repair it's prolly not worth an argument, just make sure they don't keep doing crap like that.

Tradesperson/Customer Relationship;
You are their cash cow. If they milk you barren they starve later on. If they don't milk you enough you bloat. If they milk you gently both you and they profit.

Delivering it home with a friend driving the Supra for the first time. I drop gears and make a scream from the twin pipes flowing down this pony's flanks and it takes off like it's tail's on fire.

I look back when the Honda gets to its tap-out and the Supra's only two lengths behind. No one I've let ride my bike has told me its slow, they've all loved the thing. That car is a good thing indeed.
lethalwithasupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #23
Fuel
Stock

Fuel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalwithasupra
Just nosy but what is he trying to fix ? cos the Mass AFM and the TPS that sounds kinda odd.
I took my supra in to a shop to get a used engine put in. Aftrer it was installed the mechanic told me that the AFM and TPS were bad, which confused me since they worked fine when I brought the car in, so I had to replace them. I didn't have the same mechanic do it though because he left bolts loose, charged me for parts I didn't ok, and he lost a hood bolt and never replaced it. This guy boils my blood.

Now after spending 2800 on my car ( which wasn't expected because the mechanic went 500 over the quote, 140 to tow it to another mechanic, and 455 on the Mass AFM, TPS, and a hose. Thats 1095 more than I intended!) it over heats. I just getting frustrated with all the set backs. I am a senior and now i am forced to ride the bus to school. But anyways I think the problem is a bad fan clutch, but I previously replaced it and it less that 1 week of use. The reason why i think that it needs to be replaced it that it only kicks in when the temp gauge is almost to the red area other wise it does not kick in. (don't worry I pulled off to the side of the road and let it cool down when it reads 3/4) I'm most likely wrong so any help would be very appreciated.

Last edited by Fuel; 04-07-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #24
lethalwithasupra
3" Exhaust

lethalwithasupra is on a distinguished road

Fuel - You guys get some rogues over there ... checked water, had block and radiator flushed, compression tested, etc ? ( edit - I do understand that you've had these things pointed out, just thought I'd say something clever )

Suprra_girl - notice they're never back to appologise over something like that ? Even ( especially ) if their car is still running better than ever after 6 months or so ?
Hey you had many ppl asking about fuel pumps on Toyota vans now that they've changed the diesel fuel grade ? Ever try explaining to some guy that his van is running so slow because of that, not his glow plugs ... he thought he was being ripped off by the people up the road.

Delivering it home with a friend driving the Supra for the first time. I drop gears and make a scream from the twin pipes flowing down this pony's flanks and it takes off like it's tail's on fire.

I look back when the Honda gets to its tap-out and the Supra's only two lengths behind. No one I've let ride my bike has told me its slow, they've all loved the thing. That car is a good thing indeed.

Last edited by lethalwithasupra; 04-10-2006 at 09:26 AM. Reason: cos
lethalwithasupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #25
suprra_girl
7M POWAH! ;)

suprra_girl has a spectacular aura aboutsuprra_girl has a spectacular aura about

lol yea it would be nice if they did actually give their pride a bit of a kick but then again i don't think i would like a customer like that coming back

Pics of my build.

"Good girls are just bad girls that don't get caught"

Do a diagnostic first!
suprra_girl is offline   Reply With Quote