Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 09-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #11
Lord Falcore
Stock

Lord Falcore is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I cant stress the fact that the alt is fine. tested over and over agen. and to answer the answer of the voltage regulater, it is part of the alt. it comes with it NEW!!! I dont know the problem you guys have about getting new parts but in fact it came from japan, it is a new alt but I still have the same problem.

Ps now im on 2nd battery... the old one swelled up and cracked. a shop told me $500 just to look at it I really need help. "if I cant fix it at least they will not charge me for looking at it" qutoe the guy at the shop. the next thing ill do to this car if i cant find the problem is to go and get some TNT and a long drive off a short cliff. with me smilling.
Lord Falcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #12
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Default Calm Down!

What is your major malfunction son? You got a Supra from your dad or whatever, you should be happy. Get another alternator, they only cost about $50 refurbished from Auto Zone or RS Strauss. It takes about ten minutes to swap it out. Give it a shot, what have you got to lose besides the 50 spot.

Scruffboy
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #13
Lord Falcore
Stock

Exclamation

um... I did that now 3 times... (pluse 2 batterys) as it says in the very frist post. I got the car from girlfriends dad. and not to be mean but I have never had a problem with my car and it has more miles. I love jap cars but this is just not with it. dont get me started on the oil leak. basicly the car would be in the trash pile but she needs something to drive and I cant afford to buy her a new one...yet.(she also is the one that wants to keep it)

ps whare the hell do you find an alt for $50? try about $160
Old 09-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #14
scruffboy
walbro fp

Default Re: Alternator

I just replaced my alternator about 3 months ago and it cost $65 US Dollars at an Auto Zone in Belleville, NJ (PS to Jersey folks: one of the nicer and more knowledgable staff in our state). OK, so you went that route and it didn't work, electrical definitely ain't my specialty (actually nothin is except for keepin my car runnin) but you also stated that turning different things on and off would make the voltometer jump up or down. So why don't you start unpluggin sh*t and try to find out like which circuit or fuse is drainin it and trace the problem from there. Sorry if I sounded a little cross with you but I was mad at one of my kids and took it out on you. Anyway, I like to see people succeed, so don't give up just yet, I think you should keep tryin.

Scruff
Old 09-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #15
Lord Falcore
Stock

Exclamation

now thats an idea ill get back to you on that maybe monday. its funny your the only one that has at all helped me. I even asked for stupid ideas and I still didnt get them... thanks.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #16
SupraSaver87
3" Exhaust

SupraSaver87 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Lord..

You gotta quite stressing out so much, makes it sound like you arn't happy with all of us here? If you keep pointing out that we are all not helping, and being sardonic to no end...you probably arn't going to have all of us Jumping in to help you out. You make it seem like we are paid technical support here...we are just guys who want to help someone out, but if someone was sarcastic, or generally didn't have a great attitude towards you, WOULD YOU HELP THEM?

On to your problem, I cannot provide any concrete help here, just a reinforcing suggestion.

Check Fuses, then all wires running around that area. There is a TSRM (I think that is the name) and links to it in TONS of the topics in here. Start running through that, and I REALLY hope that this will work out for you.

Our Supra’s, which art in the driveway,
Hollowed be thy power, thy mods are great, thy speed endless,
On the road or at the track. Give us this day free of cops,
And forgive us our impound charges, as we forgive those who are slow.
And lead us not into speed traps, and deliver us from the interceptors,
For thine is our car, the power, and the glory…forever and ever….amen.
SupraSaver87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #17
scruffboy
walbro fp

Default Keep tryin

I re-read your first post like you said regarding your alternator, and it sounds like you only replaced it once, with what you said was a "new" alternator but which was more than likely refurbished. MrKnicleye said there may be something wrong with the regulator, which is in the alternator, that is why I still believe you should try one more alternator if you have only replaced it once. It is quite possible you just happened to receive a "dud". Does any one else agree with the advice I'm giving this kid, cuz I am in no way a mechanic. So if anyone has anything positive to add to help this guy out, jump in. That is why we have this site isn't it?

Scruff
Old 09-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #18
scruffboy
walbro fp

Default Ooopps!

Sorry SupraSaver87. I responded to this guys post and didn't see your response. Yeah, that's some more good advice, go to the TSRM and read it thouroghly in the section you need help with. See, there are people willing to help you if you are willing to listen. (Actually SupraSaver, its possible we tried posting at exactly the same time cuz I swear I did not see your post when I responded. Weird, huh).

Scruff
Old 09-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #19
Lord Falcore
Stock

Exclamation

not sure if you looked at the dates for the post. just letting you the frist post was back in dec 2005. im on my thrid alt. and I had it shipped from japan. I was told it was new but regerdless this is my 3rd one.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #20
SupraSaver87
3" Exhaust

SupraSaver87 is on a distinguished road
Cool I hate to make you be redundant

I am REALLY sorry, but for clarity purposes then, could you please re-list all known problems currently affecting your baby.

A recap is sometimes all that is needed...it allows others to one-glance the current page, and then give a valid, up-to-date, response...and only to the problems that are currently giving you a headache.

Thank you, and again...sorry for making you into a broken record.

Our Supra’s, which art in the driveway,
Hollowed be thy power, thy mods are great, thy speed endless,
On the road or at the track. Give us this day free of cops,
And forgive us our impound charges, as we forgive those who are slow.
And lead us not into speed traps, and deliver us from the interceptors,
For thine is our car, the power, and the glory…forever and ever….amen.
SupraSaver87 is offline   Reply With Quote