Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 11-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
livelaughslide
3" Exhaust

livelaughslide is on a distinguished road
Default Please, I got into an accident and need help so bad

Hi, I dont know what to say what happend last night, i have a mkIII turbo i traded my full blown race car for and couldnt be happier.. until now.
A honda (Damn honda's) lost control and hit me head on last night. my car still ran as i was about to kill this kid,

well after i start to follow him and get off the main interstate my car started to buck after bout 15 seconds from the accident. it died AND THE KID RAN
Im very low on money and had a friend tow me home. Please guys i have no upper bumper and it doesnt run and the car was literly perfect, 88 garge kept 2 owners and 58,000 ORGINAL miles. all oil changes and tune ups through toyota. but now it doesnt run. PLEASE HELP!!

It turns over, and when you stop i can hear the fuel pump hum once you let go of the key so i assume its working. i can even smell a lil gas after 2 minutes of just turning it over. it sounds like it wants to start once you turn the key but then it goes away and just turns over. i checked spark and no spark. theres no damage under the hood from the accident and it ran for almost 15 seconds after he hit me. Im lil lost under the hood of this car. i assume the cps tells it when to spark when to go... and im not 100% sure spark is the only problem. please help this is now my only vechile for now.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
Bill UK
AEM EMS

Bill UK is on a distinguished road

A photo of the damage with the hood up would help; I'm surprised you have an engine problem with no damage in the engine bay unless the air intake to the air filter or turbo intercooler has become squashed. A few items you will need to check are the oil cooler, trany cooler (if an auto box) any electrical cable damage. As you probably know by now, behind the bumper is a steel girder, which should have protect most of the above.

Last edited by Bill UK; 11-04-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Bill UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
livelaughslide
3" Exhaust

Unhappy

That metal piece took all the amage, not even the ac fan was hurt. i went under the car since the supra is so low. i can supply a pic but its just gonna show a 7m. there literly no damage and the car ran for almost half a minute after the crash just fine, even burnt out. not a stutter. but then nothing. i just checked and my fuel pump is priming.
I just ssold my daily driver and need this car on the road asap. please if theres somthing i can test the coil packs arent getting any juice and the wires are fine.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 AM   #4
supraquest
Intake

supraquest is on a distinguished road

have u tried the connection to the mass air somtimes a hard enough jar will cause it to loose connectionif the clip has been broke from poss earlier owner check there and double check ur fuel pressure and spark also check that there is no dibry on the screen of the mass air on inside?
supraquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:14 AM   #5
livelaughslide
3" Exhaust

its a sc400 maf. and i am getting fuel, all the boost piping is fine and my mass and everything is literly connected.

I got it to run today...
i pulled the plug out to check spark and the was nothing.. after 30 minutes of just turning it over while with my friends (i was lil drunk hince why i sat there damn near burning out my starter) it started up. runs sooo rough would rev out just fine but would not idle the boom, runs just fine just a lil rich due to weak spark. the wires are new the plugs are new, my cps is clean and plugged in. aand now it wont start. the is some sensor malfuctioning some were and turning of my spark. does anyone know what it could be?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
supraquest
Intake

there is 1 cranck sensor in the dummy distributer and two cam sensors poss. prob there or the coils them selfs r fu-ked up or u may even have the ignition mod. box scewed up i would think it souldnt be that though but last resort it could?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #7
livelaughslide
3" Exhaust

Unhappy

well its weird, now when im driving it bucks for real bad, misses unless your reving out. so if your just cruising its miss but if our going through the gears it wont miss. and couple minutes later its gone..\

then today it had no spark again...
wouldn start for hours then boom, canked right up

how do i get to those sensors or check them? im willing to do anything to get this thing going..
and thank you guys for your help i hope i can get this figured out
Old 11-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #8
supraquest
Intake

u will need to get a book on that car at auto store or online some were. a test usually will just be an omes test were u will just check for continuity or a spesific omes resistance the book will have those figures. I was thinkin maybe u have a security system problem poss. to cuz the car has a factory security system and a bump like that may have triggered that but not sure about that system at all? Now are u sure that all the plugs r firing cuz 1 coil could just be half ass too and cuz the bucking but still start.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

OK so in an earlier post you said there was no pulse going to the coils right? and that the wiring looked fine right? My guess would be that either you have some wiring in the ignition/cps etc circuits that's broken internally & hence looks OK on the outside (you can test this by stabbing the wiring at various intervals with a multimeter set to ohms until you find the one with infinite resistance).

If it's not the wiring then likely a corroded/loose plug was jarred by the impact as someone suggested. Or.... I suppose you could just be unlucky & have an iffy cps/ignitor or similar that just failed coincidentally to the bump, although from the timing of the cut-out I'd doubt that.

Either way I'm glad to hear you seem to be OK yourself & that it wasn't more serious, hope Honda kid wakes up with a horses head on the pillow in the near future!

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
livelaughslide
3" Exhaust

Default Lmfao

Thats great, and let me say i cant thank you guys enough for taking time out of your lives for my problems.

Ima go with somthing wrong with my cps..

i had no pulse at the coils, and plugs on them were good.
HERES THE THING,
BEFORE the accident, BEFORE it, it did this, Twice, the smae thing, burps and bubbles at random (and i mean random) And out of now were no spark, matter of fact i could have sworn we put a noid tester on the injectors to find out that they were not firing at the same time the spark wasnt..

like i said , its running now and wow is it, sex with katie perry and traction are two things i cant get.

but yea i really appreciate it guys.
Thank you

Last edited by livelaughslide; 11-07-2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo
livelaughslide is offline   Reply With Quote