Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Non-Generation Specific Questions

Old 09-02-2008, 06:06 AM   #1
Stupra
Intake

Stupra is on a distinguished road
Default Help!! With "fuel cut"

Hey there. If anyone could give me some advice that'd be great. I've had my car for 5 years now and just recently did the 550cc injector and lexus afm upgrade. Here is the symptoms I'm having: Car runs a bit too rich. It smokes black real bad at the initial crack of the throttle then clears out. I feel like I've actually lost power since the upgrade and I keep experiencing "fuel cut" here and there when I down shift. It's only when i put a big sudden load on the engine. It doesn't happen through smooth acceleration. Can anyone give me advice on tuning the air fuel? Or maybe where to time it? I haven't touched the timing and I'm wondering if I need to. I've given the computer PLENTY of time to adjust also.. Thank you!
Stupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Stupra
Intake

Anyone had this problem before? I'm trying to find anything on the web that will help but I'm striking out

3 inch exhaust, cometic head gasket, arp studs, lexus afm, 550's, custom front fed intake manifold, FM intercooler, daily driven at 12 lbs.]
Old 09-05-2008, 02:14 AM   #3
suprabahamut
3" Exhaust

suprabahamut is on a distinguished road

I don't have this problem because I have the non turbo model, I don't think it comes with the fuel cut device. As for the black smoke it could be rich but are you losing any oil? I know with my older Honda a while back the rings were gone and it pored black smoke out. Check compression on your cylinders first, black smoke can mean a mess of troubles. If you don't have a compression gauge they are pretty cheep and they can tell a lot about your internals. It is always good to have one. Wait around for a experienced turbo guy for the fuel cut question. I hope this helps a little bit.
suprabahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #4
Stupra
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprabahamut View Post
I don't have this problem because I have the non turbo model, I don't think it comes with the fuel cut device. As for the black smoke it could be rich but are you losing any oil? I know with my older Honda a while back the rings were gone and it pored black smoke out. Check compression on your cylinders first, black smoke can mean a mess of troubles. If you don't have a compression gauge they are pretty cheep and they can tell a lot about your internals. It is always good to have one. Wait around for a experienced turbo guy for the fuel cut question. I hope this helps a little bit.

Hey thanks man. The black smoke I have is definitely just unburned fuel. It's running very rich. I don't know if it's a problem with the new AFM or what? That's why I was considering advancing the timing a bit but I don't know if I should. And also I did a compression test not too long ago and everything is peachy. So yeah I'm just waiting for that good turbo guy to point me in some direction. I'm fully capable I just don't know where to start lol. thanks again

3 inch exhaust, cometic head gasket, arp studs, lexus afm, 550's, custom front fed intake manifold, FM intercooler, daily driven at 12 lbs.]
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
ddmcse
500whp yet?

ddmcse is on a distinguished road
Cool

you have to check engine codes for starters

pull the codes we know you'll have a #34 but what other codes are you getting ?
My Supra KiXGaS
ddmcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #6
Stupra
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmcse View Post
you have to check engine codes for starters

pull the codes we know you'll have a #34 but what other codes are you getting ?
Ok so I'm getting code 32 which is HAC sensor in my year. Code 34 you already knew that. And code 42 which confuses me because my book says speed sensor? And I don't have a speed sensor. But my car was a non turbo model I converted to turbo years ago.

Last edited by Stupra; 09-06-2008 at 01:14 AM.