View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #4
Stupra
Intake

Stupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprabahamut View Post
I don't have this problem because I have the non turbo model, I don't think it comes with the fuel cut device. As for the black smoke it could be rich but are you losing any oil? I know with my older Honda a while back the rings were gone and it pored black smoke out. Check compression on your cylinders first, black smoke can mean a mess of troubles. If you don't have a compression gauge they are pretty cheep and they can tell a lot about your internals. It is always good to have one. Wait around for a experienced turbo guy for the fuel cut question. I hope this helps a little bit.

Hey thanks man. The black smoke I have is definitely just unburned fuel. It's running very rich. I don't know if it's a problem with the new AFM or what? That's why I was considering advancing the timing a bit but I don't know if I should. And also I did a compression test not too long ago and everything is peachy. So yeah I'm just waiting for that good turbo guy to point me in some direction. I'm fully capable I just don't know where to start lol. thanks again

3 inch exhaust, cometic head gasket, arp studs, lexus afm, 550's, custom front fed intake manifold, FM intercooler, daily driven at 12 lbs.]
Stupra is offline   Reply With Quote