Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 06-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
Dom
Stock

Dom is on a distinguished road
Default blow off valve

was thinking of buying a hks super sequential blow off valve universal with replacement pipe is this a good purchase or would you recomend another type
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
was thinking of buying a hks super sequential blow off valve universal with replacement pipe is this a good purchase or would you recomend another type
I like the HKS SS, but if you're still running the oem twin turbos I'd suggest getting the full kit for the mkiv (i.e. not the universal with replacement pipe). If you are running the oem maf, be sure to get the 'recirc' fitting for the hks ss (even if you decide to stay with the universal replacement pipe).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 06-14-2006 at 10:58 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Dom
Stock

thanks for all your advice Phil i'd be lost without you
another question for you i put a blitz fmic on my car, looks the job, but i dont drive my car hard plus its my first turbo car but a friend of mine whos had a few evos had a loan of it when he droped it back to me he reckons its suffering from bad turbo lag any advise would be great ,advice on how to sort it if it is and how to tell
if you lived in ireland you'd be worth a fortune dude very few decent places to leave cars like supra
Old 06-23-2006, 02:49 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
thanks for all your advice Phil i'd be lost without you
Glad I could help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
...another question for you i put a blitz fmic on my car, looks the job, but i dont drive my car hard plus its my first turbo car but a friend of mine whos had a few evos had a loan of it when he droped it back to me he reckons its suffering from bad turbo lag
Are you still running the stock twins? Are you running in oem sequential mode, or TTC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
...any advise would be great ,advice on how to sort it if it is and how to tell
If you're running TTC, try putting it back to sequential. Also, do you have a boost gauge? If so, what are you reading?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
...if you lived in ireland you'd be worth a fortune dude very few decent places to leave cars like supra
I've been to Dublin once a few years ago...I'll be sure to let you know when I make it back.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:45 PM   #5
Dom
Stock

still have stock turbos,all i have in car is a blitz dual turbo timer according to that my peak boost is 1.00 hkpa? i always have traction on as its always raining in ireland i only ever let it out in the dry on motorway and i gave it to a 2004 m3 not to long ago so i was happy with that

its just when somebody says something like that to me i start thinking to much
maybe i should'nt listen to these guys so much
just said i'd ask you as i want to keep this car 100%, its the business
im not all that mechanicaly minded so i said i'd ask a pro
Old 06-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
still have stock turbos,all i have in car is a blitz dual turbo timer according to that my peak boost is 1.00 hkpa? i always have traction on as its always raining in ireland i only ever let it out in the dry on motorway and i gave it to a 2004 m3 not to long ago so i was happy with that

its just when somebody says something like that to me i start thinking to much
maybe i should'nt listen to these guys so much
just said i'd ask you as i want to keep this car 100%, its the business
im not all that mechanicaly minded so i said i'd ask a pro
It's possible your friend doesn't understand the way the oem twins work in sequential mode in the 2jz-gte/jza80. Although it may seem that boost doesn't hit that hard between 2500rpms and 3500rpms, the #1 turbo is actually producing a smooth horsepower increase (beyond n/a)...so when #2 starts boosting at about 3500 rpms, there is no hard horsepower 'hit' as you feel in many other turbo cars. This may make it seem to someone not experienced with the mkiv that the turbo is lagging.

On the other hand, please contrast this to many mkiv owners that have tried their supras in 'ttc' mode. You do feel the two turbos 'hit' when they come on in this mode, but you'll also find it's actually slower in the 1/4 mile...

Last edited by pwpanas; 06-25-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:52 AM   #7
Dom
Stock

hey Phil i was just checking out the prices of supras in the U.S there mad prices there are some nice supras in ireland for half that
Old 06-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #8
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
hey Phil i was just checking out the prices of supras in the U.S there mad prices there are some nice supras in ireland for half that
Very cool. Wish I had a boat and a few customs officials in my back pocket...there'd be some $ for us to make!

Old 07-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #9
Dom
Stock

hi Phil just put hks bov on and its blowing out a little oil is this normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09072006001.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	353  
Old 07-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #10
Dom
Stock

i also put this cusco catch tank on have i got it conected right