Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 12-31-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
midnit
Stock

midnit is on a distinguished road
Default I'm new here, so firstly hello...

Secondly, I've been in love with this car since I first got behind the wheel of one 5 years ago. Ever since I've been wanting to get one for myself, but haven't been able to afford one, until now.

Been looking around, mostly on auto trader as it's the only place I know of where I can sort "for sale" cars by body style basically. Looking to buy a NA MKIV Supra for anywhere under 15k.

In my search I came across this one 93 NA Supra with a clean title for like $5,999 ( Link here ) by someone name DaveGor, which I'm really kind of suspicious about, but he emailed me the following:

Quote:
Hello there,

First of all,sorry for the delay but I had some problems with my computer.

My name is David Goran and I am the legal owner of this 1993 Toyota Supra. The car is in perfect condition as it is shown in the ad and has no mechanical problems. All services has been made at a Toyota Service. I'm the 2nd owner of this car, I bought it in November 2004, and it has 105 000 miles on it. The title is clear,so,there was no damage on it.

I also sent you few pics with the car as attach files,please open it. If you are still interested in buying it please reply asap and let me know.

Thanks, David
Then there was also another one I was looking at for $11,999. A 94 Supra, but it has a Salvage : Reconstructed title...

Am I going to be able to find a legit, NA MKIV Supra for under $15k with a clean title and something around 100k miles or less? I could care less if it's auto or manual anymore because I just can't afford to be that picky, I guess.

This car, and perhaps the BMW M5 are my dream cars, so I'd definately love to get my hands on one.

Thanks for any help and happy new years!
midnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:31 PM   #2
TRAFIK
3" Exhaust

TRAFIK is on a distinguished road

The one from the link ( black one) is a scam ... i 've seen it around. The other one seems more realistic. I think you will be able to get a NA for under 15 G's but it will have high milage or bad condition. Post the link to the car you will consider buying so we will be able to give you some input. And make sure you dont get Scamed. Happy new year's

--===Give me 2jz-Gte or give me death!===--
TRAFIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
White targa
Stock

White targa is on a distinguished road

i would be leary of n e one with only one pic of a car like that. If that was my car id have a photo album full of pics (not really but close enough)
White targa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:50 AM   #4
suprafann
3" Exhaust

suprafann is on a distinguished road

that davgor ones a scam, he sent me the exact same email 1 month ago about his computer problems
suprafann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:32 AM   #5
Ishman
Stock

Ishman is on a distinguished road
Smile David Goran's Supra scam

Hello there,

First of all,sorry for the delay but I had some problems with my computer.

My name is David Goran and I am the legal owner of this 1993 Toyota Supra. The car is in perfect condition as it is shown in the ad and has no mechanical problems. All services has been made at a Toyota Service. I'm the 2nd owner of this car, I bought it in November 2004, and it has 105 000 miles on it. The title is clear,so,there was no damage on it.

I also sent you few pics with the car as attach files,please open it. If you are still interested in buying it please reply asap and let me know.

Thanks, David
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again,
The car is located in Stockton, New Jersey but don't worry because the car can be shipped to your location without any extra costs for the shipping cause are included in the final price. I recently moved with my family and now we are in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Since I lost my job and I didn't found one here yet,I have to sell this car as soon as possible and due to the fact that this car is an US model the price to register it here is very high,also the shipping to this place, so I've decided to sell it in US at a price that will find a buyer in a few days .

I have the car locked up in my garage in US.As I've said the car is in perfect mechanical and esthetical condition.The price that I'm looking for it is 5990 USD ( this price includes shipping and handling ) .As soon as the payment will be made I will take a plane to US and take care of things.

For safety reasons I think that the most important thing when we make a deal over the internet,is to have both of us 100% protection in case of fraud or anything else.
That's the reason why I used a big,reputable,trustable company, SquareTrade, in all my deals until now.

I am a SquareTrade Seal Member and I want to make the deal thru them. They will act like a THIRD PARTY and we will be both 100% protected.The money will be HELD by them into their secure escrow account and I will give you 5 days to test the car and to see that nothing is wrong with it.I made few deals on AutoTrader and eBay in this way and it worked very well.

Here are the steps of the deal :

1.The Seller will open the transaction --> 2.The buyer has to make the payment to SquareTrade Financial Department and they will deposit the money into their secure escrow account --> 3.The Seller will receive the confirmation that the payment is done --> 4.The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 5 days to inspect it -->5.The buyer will contact SquareTrade and will notify them if he is satisfied or not --> 6.SquareTrade will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or will refund the buyer(in case he is not satisfied).

In case you have any question about how this service work,please ask me and I will be more than happy to give you all the details.So,please read this email twice and let me know.I hope you agree with me,because I think that it is the best way to protect both(seller and buyer).

If so,please provide me your full name and shipping address so i can contact SquareTrade and start the transaction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well,

As I told you before,currently I'm in United Kingdom and the car is in my locked garage in US. You say you want to come to see the vehicle,in order to show you the vehicle,I have to come there to unlock the garage and show you the car. Supposing,I will come back to US and when I will get there you will tell me "Sorry,but I just found another car and I'm no longer interested in buying yours...I'm affraid you have to find another buyer".

So,what can I do if this will happen ???? I don't want to be rude but it is possible,am I right ???
I think you should think at this from my point of view...and I think I cannot take that risk,to come there without having any insurance that when I will get there,you will tell me what I mentioned previously,and I will lose my time and money for nothing.

What's wrong dealing thru Square Trade ???? They offer 100% protection for both of us.You do not have anything to lose dealing thru Square Trade because they will HOLD your money into their SECURE escrow account,and nobody can acces the money until you will receive the car and will give to Square Trade your confirmation to release the funds to me.

You have only 2 options :

1. In case you like the car and you want to buy it (I'm sure you will love it from the 1st moment when you will see it),you have to give to Square Trade your accept to release the funds to me.
2. If not,you only need to ask them to refund you and you will get your FULL amount back.

Also, too see that I'm very serious about this deal as you too, and that I'm the real owner of this car, I sent you the title of the car as attach file, please open it.

So,please read this email again and let me know if we have a deal or not cause I still have 2 other offers and in case you do not want to deal with me,I do not want to waste our time and I don't want to lose the other offers.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------

Never uses my name and after he spends money on traveling back to the US, Shipping the car, money for the Garage to keep the car etc, he wont make anything.

Thought you all might like to see this, By the way I traced his email to Whitewater, Kansas
Ishman is offline   Reply With Quote