Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #141
warmkop

warmkop is on a distinguished road
Default Need help making power 94tt

what is beter oem or the superspark.
warmkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #142
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
what is beter oem or the superspark.
Brand-new oem coils outperform superspark. However, if you have oem coils with 100,000 miles on them, I suspect the superspark would be at least as good if not better. I'd recommend you go with new oem coils if at all possible.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #143
warmkop

Im going to buy a set of oem coils and connectors just have to save up some money.Just to be safe what is the best way to get even beter spark what is the best ignition booster to use because i'm using E96 fuel that needs beter spark.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #144
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Im going to buy a set of oem coils and connectors just have to save up some money.Just to be safe what is the best way to get even beter spark what is the best ignition booster to use because i'm using E96 fuel that needs beter spark.
1) With oem 2jz-gte brand-new coils and the correct spark plugs, you could probably set diesel fuel on fire. The 2jz-gte's oem ignition system has proven itself to well over 850hp, with no issues whatsoever. You might want to give this setup a try before you put any money into an ignition amplifier.
2) If you're absolutely convinced you need an ignition amplifier, the HKS DLI-2 Twin Power Ignition is a proven choice. Here's one place you can purchase it:
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...207&SearchYN=N

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #145
warmkop

The miss on the car is now even under normal driving.Took all the coils out they all have fine cracks in front off them and 4 connectors is also broken.It is just funny that it was fine on the dyno and 2 day later it started missing.Had it also on the dyno again to see if we can see anything wrong but everthing looks fine.
If the car stands and idle and you rev her,it miss and then revs.
Just making sure it is coils don't want to buy coils and still have a miss.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #146
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
The miss on the car is now even under normal driving.Took all the coils out they all have fine cracks in front off them and 4 connectors is also broken.It is just funny that it was fine on the dyno and 2 day later it started missing.Had it also on the dyno again to see if we can see anything wrong but everthing looks fine.
If the car stands and idle and you rev her,it miss and then revs.
Just making sure it is coils don't want to buy coils and still have a miss.
In my experience, the cracks aren't important at all, but the broken connectors are critical. Please let me know if you need the part number for the Toyota/Lexus coil pack connector and I'll track it down for you.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #147
warmkop

So you still think it is the connectors that is causing the miss but why was it okay on the dyno.
i'll appreciate the part number.

Last edited by warmkop; 12-16-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #148
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
So you still think it is the connectors that is causing the miss but why was it okay on the dyno.
The street puts more load on the engine, which in turn generates more heat. More vibration could be a factor too. Either way, with new coilpack connectors and new coils I'd bet you'll be fine.

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/parts/c...ess/index.html
90980-11246 Coil Pack Connector
82998-12440 Repair Terminal

http://www.suprastore.com/tosucopaco19.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coil Connector Housings.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	4748  

Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #149
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Just curious - any news?

Old 01-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #150
warmkop

Phoned toyota today they say the part nr you gave me for the terminal repair does not exist are you sure that is the right nr.
I bought a 1jzgte enjin for other conversion i want to start as soon as the supra is fixed,anyway i swop its coils with mine it still had the same miss i'm first going to get new connectors to see if it is not the connectors.
Have you ever heard of a supra having problems with its ecu or crank pick up just wondering.