Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #51
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglatta
Maybe depends on how much they put into it but it would not be worth it to keep up with the vette
Ok, I'm glad you now appear to agree that it is possible to modify an Mkiv Supra Turbo to keep up with a stock c6 z06 on a roadrace track.

Now all we're talking about is money...as you say whether or not it would be "worth it" to modify an Mkiv Supra Turbo to hang with the stock c6 z06. Since a loaded c6 z06 costs about $75K, would you agree that this would be a fair total 'budget' for the Mkiv Supra Turbo buildup (including the cost of the car)?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #52
Greglatta
Intake

Greglatta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Ok, I'm glad you now appear to agree that it is possible to modify an Mkiv Supra Turbo to keep up with a stock c6 z06 on a roadrace track.

Now all we're talking about is money...as you say whether or not it would be "worth it" to modify an Mkiv Supra Turbo to hang with the stock c6 z06. Since a loaded c6 z06 costs about $75K, would you agree that this would be a fair total 'budget' for the Mkiv Supra Turbo buildup (including the cost of the car)?
They are 10k less then that, $65k, but then again what happens when you get this much performance out of your supra, then you start limiting the block on that supra.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #53
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
They are 10k less then that, $65k
Sure, if you exclude tax, tag, title, undercoating, spit-polishing and all the other stuff dealers hit you with to be able to drive their top-of-the-line off the lot. ...but just for fun, let's say $65k is the budget. You're saying there's no way to take a decent-condition Mkiv Supra Turbo (purchased for about $20K, if you look & neogtiate with any effort), put $45,000.00 worth of upgrades into it, and not have it hang with a stock c6 z06?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #54
Greglatta
Intake

Quote:
Sure, if you exclude tax, tag, title, undercoating, spit-polishing and all the other stuff dealers hit you with to be able to drive their top-of-the-line off the lot. ...but just for fun, let's say $65k is the budget. You're saying there's no way to take a decent-condition Mkiv Supra Turbo (purchased for about $20K, if you look & neogtiate with any effort), put $45,000.00 worth of upgrades into it, and not have it hang with a stock c6 z06?
Supra is old the technology isnt there to compete with the z06, there is carbon fiber all over the corvette
Old 01-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #55
Greglatta
Intake

Quote:
No, I know you could make a mkiv to compete with the z06 and infact beat it but honestly, the supra will still be the supra, the corvette is a supercar the supra a sports car
Old 01-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #56
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
No, I know you could make a mkiv to compete with the z06 and infact beat it but honestly, the supra will still be the supra, the corvette is a supercar the supra a sports car
Imho/fwiw, I'd take a fast supra over a slow supercar anyday.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:55 AM   #57
Greglatta
Intake

Quote:
Imho/fwiw, I'd take a fast supra over a slow supercar anyday.
So the Z06 is slow?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #58
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
So the Z06 is slow?
No, but the designation "supercar" on it's own isn't worth a hill of beans, imo. Even you agree a "moddy Supra" could take a brand new c6 z06. As non-technical as this thread is, it seems to be about whether the Supra deserves to be 'dissd'. I'm sure that one day a brand new whatever will come out that will put even a modded Supra to shame...but until then the Cobra and the 'Vette boys need to keep the 'dissin' to themselves, imo.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-27-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #59
Greglatta
Intake

Quote:
No, but the designation "supercar" on it's own isn't worth a hill of beans, imo. Even you agree a "moddy Supra" could take a brand new c6 z06. As non-technical as this thread is, it seems to be about whether the Supra deserves to be 'dissd'. I'm sure that one day a brand new whatever will come out that will put even a modded Supra to shame...but until then the Cobra and the 'Vette boys need to keep the 'dissin' to themselves, imo.
Technically alot fo cars can put a modded supra to shame, you just have to compare the modded supra other modded cars.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:02 PM   #60
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Technically alot fo cars can put a modded supra to shame, you just have to compare the modded supra other modded cars.
Ok, pick one...any full production car from the early '90s that sold for under $100K.

Closed Thread