Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 AM   #11
sakara
Intake

sakara is on a distinguished road

alright... I don't know mustangs... but how does the new GT mustang compair to the cobra in HP? I beat a new GT mustang 5spd in my all trac... it was a high speed run and i ended up topping out my car *150mph* I thought they were faster then that... now if the cobra doesn't have tooo much more HP then a new GT stang then I don't see how the TT MKiv coudln't beat it... I raced my friends 93 1/2 TT and I beat him............Of the line, hehe... awd :P but yea... once he caught traction... he went bye bye... so I know how fast he was compaired to me... so yea... just my GT4 $.02
Old 12-04-2005, 08:04 AM   #12
joel w
Lexus & 550's

joel w is on a distinguished road

get him... get him good, make him suffer and cry....get it on tape....

you can do it!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:53 PM   #13
Greglatta
Intake

Greglatta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodles
ZO6 won't be able to beat a modded MKIV either...so he'll be selling that car soon too LOL

It's just too easy to mod Supras, they are made for it, typical toyota over engineering everything. Intake, exhaust, more boost and he's toast...
Amazing to compare the new corvette to a supra, just plain stupid, even if it did beat the z06 in a 1/4mile try taking it to the track dont say that the supra will go with the z06
Old 12-08-2005, 12:48 AM   #14
RedSupra87
3" Exhaust

RedSupra87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglatta
Amazing to compare the new corvette to a supra, just plain stupid, even if it did beat the z06 in a 1/4mile try taking it to the track dont say that the supra will go with the z06
Greglatta and Poodles,interesting conversation to get into.I think as well as tons of other people in or out of the industry agree that pound for pound the Vette is the best sport car for the price.A modded Supra could beat a Vette in the 1/4 so what.Ive seen VW bugs beat 911's and a Chevy Chevette beat a Corvette.On the track anything can happen with the right driver and the right settings.Really what Im trying to say is anything can happen on the street or the track.Its not all about horsepower yadda yadda.If you dont have skill all the horsepower in the world wont mean a damn thing.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:53 AM   #15
j3pz
500whp yet?

j3pz is on a distinguished road

not hating on domestics but all people do to them really is exhaust, intake, and a supercharger. you see mustangs all around also, why is that? they are cheap, not bad, but cheap. they have potential just like any car, add a little money, boom you got ### horsepower. but personally i think if you go dollar to dollar, pony to pony, imports will get down the street/track first...depending on the driver of course
Old 12-09-2005, 03:59 AM   #16
jfunez
12psi boost

jfunez is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

as a GM tech and a loyal import owner, i can tell you that the only GM products that I would ever recommend or buy would be any of their cars or trucks with V8, anything with less than 8 cylinders is crap...and I,m not hating...it's the truth...(I hope no GM big wig sees this,....they sign my checks) any ways, reliability is the keyword here....but about the bout between the vr 4 and the cobra.... the vr 4 takes it .......
  • now ,with the supra and cobra...well that'l depend solely on the drivers since possibly both of the cars have close HP ratings... go for it anyways and prove to those ho's what rice can do....
Old 12-09-2005, 05:40 AM   #17
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglatta
Actually, the corvette is a great car however the supra in a track(whethor it be drag or circuit) will decimate any corvette you throw at it even the new c6's. Now I am not talking a stock supra I am talking a full moded one vs a full moded vett.

Hell I have seen a supra beat a viper and a 360modena. I was astonished myself. And I wouldnt be suprised if you didnt beleive me neither. However, allI have to say is archive top gear or best motoring. In those segments the only car that beat the supra was a porsche 911turbo. The cars were a supra, porsche911turbo, 360modena, 355spyder, audi RS6, viper, vett c6, vett ZO6, BMW M5, BMW Z8, MERCEDES SL65, and of course lastly their own XJ220. Now of course the XJ220 beat it no problem a matter of fact on that track it was a whole 2 seconds faster than the porsche. But I though it was pretty amazing here this 30grand car was holding its own not to mention beating these 100grand cars.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:54 AM   #18
logik05se
Stock

logik05se is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fallen
thing about comparing cars, a lot of american and european cars are built to be as it sits, you buy it, thats it, thats your package. the japanese cars are more suited to buy the car as a base to work from, and build it to how you want it to be. comparing stock to stock is difficult/pointless. however take the same amount of money as it takes to purchase a 03-04 cobra, and spend it on buying even a late model supra and working it, and i'll take the supra anyday, bang for buck, can't go past JDM.
um...i love supras and i want to get one real soon...but to say american cars are built to be as is is quite off. American cars were the original tuner cars, and people still work them to the bawlz. But japanese cars are equally as well these days.

and as far as a supra beating a new c6 z06, it would take alot of money put into that supra to beat it, and the lintenfelter corvette most likely would dust any supra in the world. On the track they handle if not better just as well so i dont know how you could say a supra would dust a vette on the track.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:18 AM   #19
Lord Umoja
Stock

Lord Umoja is on a distinguished road

I understand the whole import vs domestic thing and even though I dream of owning a MkIV TT some day (hopefully sooner rather than latter) I still concider myself a Ford guy through and through. My first (and only) car is a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5. From my experiences as a mod on Clubfocus.net (sorry for the plug) every person has a diffrent dream car. Myself and a few other CF members love the Supra, lots of members who "graduated" from the focus went on to get import cars. The only people that I have really run into that are the real import haters are the people who were "blessed" with some old fox body mustang as thier car for tuning or have never been introduced to what it really means to work on a car. Most of the people I have talked to at All Ford Nationals in PA agree that car choice is a matter of taste but to hate a car due to the region of origin is just plain stupid. I know a fair number of mustang and camaro owners who believe that as long as the styling of the car and its potential is there it should be concidered an option. Close-mindedness leads to import or domestic bashing.

Back on topic though, I agree that anything can happen on the track. My focus with an automatic transmission and a 2.0L motor beat a Grand Vitara with the V6 and AWD even though the focus is a rolling brick (3600lbs I believe for the ZX5) and the suv had a hp and traction advantage over me.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #20
03MaineCobra
Stock

03MaineCobra is on a distinguished road
Smile

I know for a fact that stock vs. stock, the cobra will usually win. 03 Mustang Cobra- 12.9 second 1/4. 95 Toyota supra turbo - 13.5 second 1/4mi. http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html Needless to say, if the cobra driver cant drive the supra will win. As far as modding goes, with a few bolt ons you can easily get 500hp out of a cobra, but as stated before, lacks top end speed because of the eaton supercharger. Needless to say, a turbo'd cobra would walk all over most modded supras. Dont say that im biased either because my first car was a supra, i still have it, it just needs a new motor
03 Mustang Cobra - #4 lower, 2.8 upper, bassani catback, bassani high flow X pipe, steeda CAI, kenny brown springs

89 Supra turbo - STOCK
Closed Thread