Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 AM   #1
west_side_supra
12psi boost

west_side_supra is on a distinguished road
Default new motor

ok so im picking up a motor tomorrow, its a 7mgte and has a BHG <im fine with this. i know the previous owner of it and it was driven nicely so im not affraid of any piston damage. its missing the exhaust manifold/turbo/and the upper IC pipeing.

im planing on rebuilding this motor to try to make a power house out of it. so what items would be the best things to do for it. i have already figured HKS metal head gasket and ARP studs. i ask because i dont know what the stock internals can handle but i would love to get a good possible 600hp if not that 500hp

7MGTE - 500hp never dyno'd
exhaust: 3inch pipes no cat/powerhouse manifold/garret gt47 18psi/HKS SS racing wastegate
fidenza cam gears
intake: PHR 4inch intake/K&N filter/3 inch intercooler/ pipeFMIC/greddy type R bov/
fuel: 550cc PTE/ walbro 255lp / Aeromotive adj pressure regulator
transmission: Fidenza flywheel/ACT extreme kit
electronics: map ecu 1 / HKS EVC 9
gauges:boost,EGT,oil temp & pressure/aem AFR
west_side_supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
west_side_supra
12psi boost

anything? anything at all?

exhaust: 3inch pipes no cat/powerhouse manifold/garret gt47 18psi/HKS SS racing wastegate
fidenza cam gears
intake: PHR 4inch intake/K&N filter/3 inch intercooler/ pipeFMIC/greddy type R bov/
Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #3
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Stock can handle a good amount. But not enough to hold 500-600 reliably. But the 7M, if built right, can run 600hp reliably. First upgrade for that kind of power would be the fuel system. Bigger injectors, a fuel pump, a fuel pressure regulator, maybe bigger fuel rail. Next step would be to increase the air intake. Bigger turbo, better manifold, external wastegate, some kind of mass air translator, bigger intercooler, bigger intercooler pipes, and a blow off valve or 2 that can hold that kind of power. Some kind of engine management system with a good tune. An exhaust possibly 3-5". Suspention, tires that will grip with that power. A good set of wheels. Clutch and flywheel. New stock or upgraded valve train, forged pistons, stock shotpeened and balanced rods or forged rods, blueprinted and balanced crankshaft, and a new radiator to name a few things.

What size headgasket are you thinking about going with?

And I left this list vague so you can look into everything and pick out what you like. I already have the answers to everyone of those categories listed to hit 600+ hp. It took a lot of researching. Lol.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
west_side_supra
12psi boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrusupra
Stock can handle a good amount. But not enough to hold 500-600 reliably. But the 7M, if built right, can run 600hp reliably. First upgrade for that kind of power would be the fuel system. Bigger injectors, a fuel pump, a fuel pressure regulator, maybe bigger fuel rail. Next step would be to increase the air intake. Bigger turbo, better manifold, external wastegate, some kind of mass air translator, bigger intercooler, bigger intercooler pipes, and a blow off valve or 2 that can hold that kind of power. Some kind of engine management system with a good tune. An exhaust possibly 3-5". Suspention, tires that will grip with that power. A good set of wheels. Clutch and flywheel. New stock or upgraded valve train, forged pistons, stock shotpeened and balanced rods or forged rods, blueprinted and balanced crankshaft, and a new radiator to name a few things.

What size headgasket are you thinking about going with?

And I left this list vague so you can look into everything and pick out what you like. I already have the answers to everyone of those categories listed to hit 600+ hp. It took a lot of researching. Lol.
so basically buy all of these performance packages
http://www.suprasport.com/Performanc...ges_c_248.html

and new turbo and other internals"rods,pistons,ect..."

fidenza cam gears
Old 04-05-2007, 04:52 AM   #5
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

Well, that fuel package wont flow enough for 600 but it may get you to 500. You'll need more than what's included in the suspension package, the stock fan will flow much more than an electronic fan, what size head gasket are you going to use? If you have 500+ hp you're going to want a big brake kit. And the MAFT-Pro kit is what I'm going to use.

What are you going to use for the turbo, wastegate, blow off valve, and engine management system?

What size head gasket are you going to use?

Which fuel pump are you going to use?

What other suspension related products are you going to use?

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but these questions are serving as a guide just to point you in the right direction.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #6
west_side_supra
12psi boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrusupra
Well, that fuel package wont flow enough for 600 but it may get you to 500. You'll need more than what's included in the suspension package, the stock fan will flow much more than an electronic fan, what size head gasket are you going to use? If you have 500+ hp you're going to want a big brake kit. And the MAFT-Pro kit is what I'm going to use.

What are you going to use for the turbo, wastegate, blow off valve, and engine management system?

What size head gasket are you going to use?

Which fuel pump are you going to use?

What other suspension related products are you going to use?

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but these questions are serving as a guide just to point you in the right direction.
the headgasket i know is going to be the HKS MHG bore and thickness is a unknown so far i havnt taken it apart to the head yet.
so here is the list of everything i can think of that would get me there or near. tell me if i miss anything

Air intake:
Cold air Apexi

turbo:
i was thinking a t3/t4 hybrid
SS BOSS Turbo Stage 5 Build Your Own

wastegate:
i was thinking 50MM HKS or somthing,

BOV:
i have the HKS SSQV but its not releasing so probably getting the new version. or that greddy BOV i think the Type R or RS the one with the raptor adapter

intercooler:
Spearaco
3inch. pipes upper and lower.

Exhaust:
OBX twin turbo manifold
3 inch DP
1 HF cat
3 inch back
and a very open straight through design muffler

engine management:
mmm AEM?
bigger injectors maby 700-800cc
fuel rail LIPP dual feed
iranium Spark plugs
and MSD wires

headgasket:
size is unknown & ARP Studs
Greddy timing belt
adjustable timing gears

fuel pump:
dual 225 pump system.

suspension:
Tein SS coilovers
cusco F&R strut tower bars and mid if i can find one.
Toyo Proxie 4's wide in the rear and deep dish rims
i dont think the tein coilovers work with Tems but if it does then the HKS upgrage of tems. and the dampering system
Suspension techniques sway bars.
RK FULL Poly Bushing Kit
LIPP Rear Traction Arms

Brakes:
Drilled and sloted Brembo big brake set

Engine:
Bore .2 over
JE Pistons & Rings
Rods are unknown
Yonaka Motorsports Engine Gasket Set
Unorthodox Pulleys
Hose Techniques Hose Kit

fidenza cam gears
Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #7
kwnate
SP58GT

kwnate is on a distinguished road

Don't forget tuning for the AEM. It will be in the $1000 range if you want it tuned by a pro.

You're not going to need an OBX twin turbo manifold. The boss turbos use the stock manifold.

Hope you have deep pockets. Good luck.

kwnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
west_side_supra
12psi boost

yea im estimating it to be about 8k-10k dollars but all i goto do is get through college and whats left in the fund will go to the motor. ill have around that to use thank god.

fidenza cam gears
Old 04-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

Ok good, the headgasket question was pretty much a trick question, lol. Most people already have the size in mind without sending the head and block off to the machine shop to see how much they need to cut off the head and block.

Whats the reason for going with twin turbos? I've always known that one big turbo will beat 2 smaller ones. That's why it's a common upgrade with the 2js. I know it has cool factor but it's not necessary and more money will go into it.

Good choice for a wastegate. But then you need to decide on what size spring for it.

As for the BOV you might need 2 of them. I went with TiAL because it's good now for stock boost and I can use it later for my higher boost. Higher boost as in 25-35 lbs.

Good choice for exhaust.

If your goal is only around 600HP, 680cc injectors will be fine, thats what I'm going with. I'm also going with the LIPP high flow fuel rail instead of the dual feed.

I will be using the Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump to save me from having 2 pumps.

You should look into getting sway bars also. And don't buy the aluminum LIPP traction arms, a few people have reported them breaking. Instead get the stainless steel ones.

The rest is fine, but keep the crank pulley. The unorthodox crank pulley isnt harmonically balanced for 7M engines.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:57 AM   #10
west_side_supra
12psi boost

hehe we should get this sticky'd how to reach 600hp and keep the car on the ground.

i plan on putting this motor in the car and use it for drifting. thats why im trying to reach shuch hi horsepower. i wanna be with the big guys

fidenza cam gears