Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-09-2007, 02:59 AM   #21
89whitedevil
Intake

89whitedevil is on a distinguished road
Default ??????????

ok guys im clearing things up i never said i have some here i said some kids i know brought some over and if you need proof ill take some pics the pics i showed you are what the containers look like packed up i havent brought any over yet thats why the post is jdm supra anyone i wanted to see if you guys would be interested at all but i guess sceptisism dont help any i called the guys that have the skylines and as soon as they call me back ill get pics and post them up here so you dont think im blowin smoke up your asses.......im working on the money right know to get 5 cars it cost almost 30 gs just to get the cars here....
89whitedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #22
Luin Haden
Stock

Luin Haden is on a distinguished road

In the state of Missouri if your vehicle has a salvage title after you fix the vehicle from the previous state you have to take it to the Highway Patrol and they have to inspect it and if cleared you then have to send off all reciepts for what you have done to the car to make it road worthy again, some paperwork crap, and the HP inspection, then you get a Prior Salvage Title and you can licence the vehicle as a normal vehicle. Thats what I had to do with the supra in my signature.

I ended up selling the supra pictured in my signature with all the parts needed for it and never got the title in my name, but didnt get the reciepts changed and the guy went through a bunch of crap and still didnt get the title in his name, so he gave me the car back!! I am in the process right now getting it all taken care of, im just waiting for all the paper work to come to me so I can get it all legal.
It isnt pretty now, but just wait.
Luin Haden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
grygst76
3" Exhaust

grygst76 is on a distinguished road

we have a nissan skyline here in MAss, its in Boston. You can drive a car with a salvaged title in most of the states here too. It's not that they are illegal, but its because the driver is in the passenger side is the problem, most states will not let that be, He had to convert his skyline here in mass to left side, and it cost him quite a bit of money. I say if this guy can get skylines here for under 10K, because it costs around 10k to get them legal to drive here, he can make a good amount of money, if he's not full of shit that is...

5 speed mbc to 10psi
grygst76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
89whitedevil
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by grygst76
we have a nissan skyline here in MAss, its in Boston. You can drive a car with a salvaged title in most of the states here too. It's not that they are illegal, but its because the driver is in the passenger side is the problem, most states will not let that be, He had to convert his skyline here in mass to left side, and it cost him quite a bit of money. I say if this guy can get skylines here for under 10K, because it costs around 10k to get them legal to drive here, he can make a good amount of money, if he's not full of shit that is...
thank you

i am not full of shit and im working on the finances to get three here right now but it maytake me a few months to get it all worked out im still waiting on the guys here that have the 5 skylines to send me pics so i can post em up here he was having them painted becuase they get dinged up in shipping...
Old 01-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #25
grygst76
3" Exhaust

grygst76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89whitedevil
thank you

i am not full of shit and im working on the finances to get three here right now but it maytake me a few months to get it all worked out im still waiting on the guys here that have the 5 skylines to send me pics so i can post em up here he was having them painted becuase they get dinged up in shipping...
If the price is over 15K for you to get them, I would absolutely make sure you are getting running vehicles and have a market for them, before you end up with a bunch of cars you cant do anything with. Be careful what you buy from overseas, they have a lot of fees you have to pay too, shipping being the highest and the taxes they charge you, and the cost of conversion. I just spoke with my buddy who lives in Boston, it cost this guy 40K for the skyline to be here in new condition, then 18K to get it emissions legal, and converted to left hand drive, thats what, 58K for a 276 Horse skyline?? Not worth it.. I like them, but not that much... Good luck to you in this endeavor. many have tried, and few have succeeded in bringing Skylines to the USA and have a market for them as well.

5 speed mbc to 10psi
grygst76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #26
89whitedevil
Intake

Default re ply

Quote:
Originally Posted by grygst76
If the price is over 15K for you to get them, I would absolutely make sure you are getting running vehicles and have a market for them, before you end up with a bunch of cars you cant do anything with. Be careful what you buy from overseas, they have a lot of fees you have to pay too, shipping being the highest and the taxes they charge you, and the cost of conversion. I just spoke with my buddy who lives in Boston, it cost this guy 40K for the skyline to be here in new condition, then 18K to get it emissions legal, and converted to left hand drive, thats what, 58K for a 276 Horse skyline?? Not worth it.. I like them, but not that much... Good luck to you in this endeavor. many have tried, and few have succeeded in bringing Skylines to the USA and have a market for them as well.
well im planning on bringing them over in peices i have a connection in japan that will sell me the whole car and dissasemble it for me and ship it to me as salvage parts then i reassemble them to factory or better condition and re paper them its alot of work but i wont have to do all the conversions becuase we only have saftey inspections here no emmissins to pass....and it dont matter what side the steering wheel is on here either ....
oh and the cars i will bring over are running and complete and in great shape i helped the kids that braught over the other skylines drop the motor and trans in and get the cluthch working so i know its possible ....i have seen it
Old 01-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #27
camd87
Stock

camd87 is on a distinguished road

If it costs you just 30,000 to just get them here how much are you going to be selling them for? do you have pictures of any of the skylines that you are actually bringing to the states? how far are you buddies in japan stripping the cars down and who is pttng them back together?
camd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:26 AM   #28
89whitedevil
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by camd87
If it costs you just 30,000 to just get them here how much are you going to be selling them for? do you have pictures of any of the skylines that you are actually bringing to the states? how far are you buddies in japan stripping the cars down and who is pttng them back together?
actually it will cost about 20,000 for three or four of them with shipping
and then i plan on making the sell price really decent so average guys like us here could own one....thats the plan but i have a little more time befor it actually happens
Old 01-22-2007, 05:05 AM   #29
camd87
Stock

camd87 is on a distinguished road

whats your definition of average, i mean some of us arent exactly rollin in the big bucks? do you have any detailed information or pictures of the ones that are comeing over?
camd87 is offline   Reply With Quote