Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:05 AM   #21
KhanArtisT
Stock

KhanArtisT is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA. Sorry, I thought an MKIII Supra owner would be the last type of owner calling a Stealth a "piece", LOL. Look at your interior and look at a 3S's. Look at your car and look at a 3S, sorry but "piece" isn't really the right word. Its common sense that by "modded" he would mean the same mods unless hes specified that one car has more.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:31 AM   #22
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

/me slaps forehead. How retarded. No offense guys but does it really make a diffrence I mean after all we are all part of the car modding world. We are here to help one another not badger eachother. So both of you shut the hell up not. Neither of you is better than the other. And Mr Stealth guy. If you are a stealth modder go hang out in the stealth forums. This is a supra forum.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:40 AM   #23
KhanArtisT
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmaster
/me slaps forehead. How retarded. No offense guys but does it really make a diffrence I mean after all we are all part of the car modding world. We are here to help one another not badger eachother. So both of you shut the hell up not. Neither of you is better than the other. And Mr Stealth guy. If you are a stealth modder go hang out in the stealth forums. This is a supra forum.
Aw, this was a rly rly nice post

dude, you're slapping yourself in the head. You're calling us retarded? This is a Supra forum, and the topic is about a 3S. Please use better vocabulary ("stealth modder") and you might just get taken seriously. LOL
Old 08-18-2006, 04:33 AM   #24
marc
12psi boost

marc is on a distinguished road

#1 wtf is a 3S? #2 im pretty sure u wont find a 1990 vr4 seeign as tahts around the year we r comparing the "almighty" vr4 too. if u want to take ur year car..lets say a 1994 vr4. then we would pin it up against our 94 model. a supra tt. hmm now lets see
im pretty sure our 94 supra tt wuld win. bothe being compl stock or heavily modded the same extent. and 3g's r so ugly. hey u 3000gt nice square ass. k bye

nothing but the best
-mods- so far
K&N intake fipk
3" megan downpipe
3"turbo elbow
4 washers on the wastegate
highflow cat
short shifter
89+ front bumper, pic soon to come
many more upgrades soon
Old 08-18-2006, 06:16 AM   #25
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArtisT
Aw, this was a rly rly nice post

dude, you're slapping yourself in the head. You're calling us retarded? This is a Supra forum, and the topic is about a 3S. Please use better vocabulary ("stealth modder") and you might just get taken seriously. LOL
Sorry I only have about two years speaking and writing english, I am actually German so forgive the mistakes. It's not that I think that you are retarded I think the arguement was. Much apologies.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:46 AM   #26
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road
Talking Knowledge works.

[I love my MKIII, and can afford it fine. But some people have lots of $$ to put onto a car, and if going insanely fast is what you want, an MKIII is not it.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwnate
Thats the stupidest comment I've read on this forum to date and there is a lot of stupid shit being said on here...
.................................................. ....

I'm talking...INSANELY fast. Apparently you have not gone 180, 200, or 230 mph in a drag car. Its a RUSH !!!

Also...
http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/U...arreviewspecs/

Stock specs of the 3kgt

All 3000GTs from 1991 to 1996 used a 3.0-liter V6 engine with dual-overhead camshafts. A normally aspirated version went into base and midrange models, developing 222 horsepower (218 in '97). The hottest model, the VR-4, got a twin-turbo rendition that made 300 horsepower (increased to 320 for 1994)

Stock ...MKIII...N/A = 200hp....Turbo = 230hp.

Like I said, I love my car, and plan on keeping it for a very long time. Its a pleasure to drive.

But, as you may have (or not) noticed, I NEVER have to swear, or call anyone an idiot. Those ways of communication speak "volumes" about the knowledge, age, and experience of the speaker.

I just have lots of car experience....40 years to be precise.

And I have lots of experience researching the facts, too.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #27
suprasforlife
3" Exhaust

suprasforlife is on a distinguished road

Well put mrnickleye, hopefully this issue is now put to rest, and hopefully something will be learned from you statement about communication. While reading this post I kept expecting to see Ya, well my dad could beat up your dad, because that is about the age level this thread reminded me of.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:30 PM   #28
KhanArtisT
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
#1 wtf is a 3S? #2 im pretty sure u wont find a 1990 vr4 seeign as tahts around the year we r comparing the "almighty" vr4 too. if u want to take ur year car..lets say a 1994 vr4. then we would pin it up against our 94 model. a supra tt. hmm now lets see
im pretty sure our 94 supra tt wuld win. bothe being compl stock or heavily modded the same extent. and 3g's r so ugly. hey u 3000gt nice square ass. k bye
Dude...you had to be joking when you said this. You sound like my 13 year old sister when shes trying to make fun of someone. I won't believe you if you said you were serious...I simply have no explanation for this behavior coming from someone whose old enough to drive.

And if you're basically comparing Toyota to Mitsu I would obviously go for the MKIV Supra simply becuase of power + handling vs. (eh) power + no handling. The threadstarter is comparing MKIIIs to VR4s/Stealths.

The VR4 is not really "almighty"...a lot of members on 3SI have projects that had just went to shit because they would rebuild a motor and spin a bearing in 5000 miles, or go from NA to TT and spin a bearing...not to mention the cars handle like ass. Obviously now if you want to go fast only in a straight line you're better off getting a 5.0 or T/A unless you're really into the cars...

3S = 3000GT/Stealth.
3SI = 3000GT/Stealth International = 3SI/org, the message board.

Once again...you can't be serious.

Uh...

Not like I'm making fun of the cars...damn. I like them just becuase no one knows what the hell they are. Rather drive that than some swapped Honda I see 10 times a day...
Old 08-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #29
kwnate
SP58GT

kwnate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnickleye

I'm talking...INSANELY fast. Apparently you have not gone 180, 200, or 230 mph in a drag car. Its a RUSH !!!
So this whole time we were talking about drag cars? Thats cool, you've gone really fast in a drag car. We are talking about street cars, 3000gt vs mk3. Either car can win, it all comes down to driver and hp. Hp can be made in a mk3 just like any other car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnickleye
Stock ...MKIII...N/A = 200hp....Turbo = 230hp.

Like I said, I love my car, and plan on keeping it for a very long time. Its a pleasure to drive.

But, as you may have (or not) noticed, I NEVER have to swear, or call anyone an idiot. Those ways of communication speak "volumes" about the knowledge, age, and experience of the speaker.

I just have lots of car experience....40 years to be precise.

And I have lots of experience researching the facts, too.
Thats all common knowledge, I'm glad you were able to find that through your research. Stock values don't matter as we were talking about modded cars. Like I said before, stock vs stock the vr4 wins.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #30
burton51m
Lexus & 550's

burton51m is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArtisT
Once again...you can't be serious.

Uh...

Not like I'm making fun of the cars...damn.
once again you're comparing a car in the year 1986/1987 to a car in the mid '90's...of course the stealth is gonna look more appealing to some people driving down the road and in the cockpit. newer technology.... take the mid 1990 supra vs the mid 1990 stealth and see what you get as in looks wise. the supra looks a lot better i know.

i also believe the threadstarter was interested in mkiii's or 3000gts, NOT stealths.

Closed Thread