Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:55 PM   #11
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

seems a few people forgot he's a moderator here. lol. but with that logic, a geo metro could beat anything if you put enough money into it.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:22 PM   #12
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrusupra
seems a few people forgot he's a moderator here.
No i didn't I have no intent on disrespect but he is wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrusupra
lol. but with that logic, a geo metro could beat anything if you put enough money into it.
True but I meant even with the MKIII as fairly stock.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:07 AM   #13
KhanArtisT
Stock

KhanArtisT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwnate
Maybe on your modded NA auto...

If you want something reliable by a new car. Any 15 year old option is going to have its issues.
BWHAHAHA. Calm down there speed racer. I have the heaviest non turbo 3S and I can beat my friend's 87 Turbo pretty good. Although obviously his has 200k on it...Please don't talk when you don't know what you're talking about, the VR4/Stealth TTs run mid-high 13s bone stock, intake, mbc, exhaust = 12s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6 turbo
ok i love supras to death...but i cant afford all this repair so im thinking of just going after a 3000gt buh i know how heavey they both are buh which one in the long run will give me the power i want all the time and the resepct of just poeple seeing ur car and fearing it
LOL, this made me crack up. 3000GTs' repairs fucking suck. They break so much its retarded....everything on my NA seems to have broken once. As far as weight, they weigh 3800lbs. not too far off from the Supra's 3500. If you can't "afford repairs" then don't get a 3000GT. Everything for them is expensive, they break a lot (t-case lockups/tranny synchros/spun bearings/timing component faliures etc.), and you don't sound too mechanically inclined, so don't even think about buying one unless you plan on spending an assload of money to get it running right. Finding a shop that even knows what they're doing is hard also, most Mitsu dealers don't know shit. Only thing good about owning my NA is how much it taught me to work on cars because of when it would break when I'd be broke and I'd fix it myself since I had no cash lol.

Good things = The styling is way ahead of its time, its a lot faster, throw bigger turbos on it (say 13gs) with supporting mods and you have an 11 second 400+whp street car in 100% street trim If you want a "nice" car that can beat most on the street than go for it, but its not exactly a good track car as its handling its not the best.

I have a friend that has both and says they're both good at what they do because the Supra is more fun to drive sometimes b/c of RWD, but the VR4 is fast and fun because the AWD pins you back in your seat.

I like my friend's Supra because its sooooooo easy to work on compared to my Stealth (TTs are harder to work on) but I dunno which one I'd pick...

3S = Nicer interior, nicer exterior, faster, shit breaks, expensive parts, hard to work on, higher value.

Last edited by KhanArtisT; 08-18-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:12 AM   #14
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

My only general maintance complaint about the supra is about changing the damn spark plugs. What a pain in the ass. Well maybe not. Just time consuming...and having to pull off all those damn parts off thetop of the engine. other than that I wouldnt trade my suprafor anything in the world. Except maybe two supras :-)
Old 08-18-2006, 01:19 AM   #15
KhanArtisT
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmaster
My only general maintance complaint about the supra is about changing the damn spark plugs. What a pain in the ass. Well maybe not. Just time consuming...and having to pull off all those damn parts off thetop of the engine. other than that I wouldnt trade my suprafor anything in the world. Except maybe two supras :-)
Its a piece of cake compared to a plug/wire job on a 3S...
Old 08-18-2006, 01:24 AM   #16
kwnate
SP58GT

kwnate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnickleye

I do know that a modded 3000GT twin turbo will 'kick ass' on a modded MKIII.
Quote:
Maybe on your modded NA auto...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArtisT
BWHAHAHA. Calm down there speed racer. I have the heaviest non turbo 3S and I can beat my friend's 87 Turbo pretty good. Although obviously his has 200k on it...Please don't talk when you don't know what you're talking about, the VR4/Stealth TTs run mid-high 13s bone stock, intake, mbc, exhaust = 12s.
Next time read the entire thread...

I will have no problem beating your non turbo or a vr4 with a lot of mods.

I dont know anything, youre right...

Old 08-18-2006, 01:40 AM   #17
KhanArtisT
Stock

LOL, dude, calm the fuck down. Do you seriously think you're the fastest damn car in the world? Go to 3SI and post a thread please, I'm sure one the 10 second 3S's would gladly meet up and rape your mad tyte s00pruh!!1 Good luck getting traction LOL.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:45 AM   #18
kwnate
SP58GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArtisT
LOL, dude, calm the fuck down. Do you seriously think you're the fastest damn car in the world? Go to 3SI and post a thread please, I'm sure one the 10 second 3S's would gladly meet up and rape your mad tyte s00pruh!!1 Good luck getting traction LOL.
Yes, my car is the fastest in the world. Not even close, its not the fastest mk3 supra.

Would you agree that there are certain supras that can beat certain vr4's?

If so read my previous post from top to bottom and you'll realize what a jackass youre being.

If you disagree, then you are a fucking moron.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:53 AM   #19
KhanArtisT
Stock

Quote:
Yes, my car is the fastest in the world. Not even close, its not the fastest mk3 supra.

Would you agree that there are certain supras that can beat certain vr4's?

If so read my previous post from top to bottom and you'll realize what a jackass youre being.

If you disagree, then you are a fucking moron.
Ok, now your first two sentences make me want to stop reading your post...

Yezsir. Modded, assuming it means that both cars are modded the same amount, a 3S would win. Intake/MBC/Exhaust, on both cars, 3S wins.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:58 AM   #20
kwnate
SP58GT

Who said anything about the same mods?

Stock vs Stock, vr4 wins

Same mods vr4 wins

My car vs. your piece, supra wins.

Not that hard

Closed Thread