Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   MKIII Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/)
-   -   engine concerns (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/mkiii-supra/5019-engine-concerns.html)

theWeezL 06-20-2006 12:44 AM

maybe a kindly moderator will see this and change the topic to something like..."engine concerns - gashes and burns"

A couple weeks ago I was working on some wiring stuff and didnt think my cigarette lighter was working...so I pushed it in, waited only a few seconds and then pulled it out. Initially I couldnt feel any heat off it and the element wasnt glowing so I stuck my finger on it..............my brain must have been sound asleep cause it took a good 2-3 seconds before I realized that I was burning the snot out of my finger. When I pulled away and looked at my finger there were white circles burned into my fingertip...I think I actually altered my fingerprint with that move.

Normally my brain is on overdrive, but I guess that day it was taking a vacation...

dcrusupra 06-20-2006 04:21 AM

I did that on the 4th of July. I wanted to light a sparkler and I didn't have a lighter. So my brain said, hey, stove, gets hot, will light sparkler. So I turned the stove on. The coil didn't turn red, and I held the sparkler there for 30 seconds or so. No smoke, no red on the coil. Then my brain said, touch it, maybe its not connected all the way. So I touched it, I had my finger on it for like 5 seconds before I even felt anything. When I did I threw the sparkler across the room hitting my friends mom in the head and I ran around the house screaming and touching anything that was cold. It turned out to be a fun night. It ended with me shooting bottle rockets at an ex girlfriend.

Supra2NR 06-20-2006 05:13 PM

got nother one,

this one time i was putting sum light bars on the door panels, i was splicing the wires and i did not remember that the battery is still connected

do not underestimate 12 volt systems , the hair from my finger to my halfway my arm were all burnt off

i was stuck to that wire for a good 6-7 seconds b4 i actually pulled my hand away

after all that i jus said to myself " so this is what the electric chair kinda feels like"

burton51m 06-20-2006 05:34 PM

i bet we all could go on and on about the stupid stuff we did and it wouldnt end.

once i was riding my dirtbike at dusk on a big field of grass. there was dew on the grass and i had just got done washing it so the side pannels were off and the hotter part of the muffler was exposed. i wanted to get all the water out of it so i rode it down the wet grass field and hit the brakes and somehow layed the bike down on top of my leg. the side that the hot muffler was on was now on my leg under the bike. it burnt the skin off (just the first couple layers) of the inside part of upper leg(quad). it hurt soo much to walk after that.

just a couple months ago i fell riding it on the street going around the corner...muddy tires dont grip the road well is what i found out. i dont know what i was thinking ...in means of going fast around the corner with muddy tires. it ripped through my jeans and screwed up my knee and my hip.

i have pics of my knee all bloody but i dont know if i should post them

theWeezL 06-20-2006 08:54 PM

post a link to it, but not the picture itself, that way those of us sick enough to go look can..

burton51m 06-20-2006 10:35 PM

haha ok here it is...

just to warn people: this is the link to a bloody wound.
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/Burton51m/riding/
enlarge it to get the full effect

it was a deep cut...blood filled most of it up. you can see the road rash on the top and bottom of my knee. the road rash hurt as much as the big cut. it took about more than a month to heal. It took a ton of gauze, prewrap, neosporin and tape to make it heal.

i did have more cuts and scrapes around the body from it but they werent a big deal.

jfunez 06-20-2006 11:09 PM

hey burton...

did you notice that lizzard on the background wall on the second picture "little cut"

is that your bloody pet?

hehe...

Supra2NR 06-22-2006 04:37 AM

oooohh thats gotta hurt, motorcycle accidents are the worst on my opinion, le me see cuz b4 i moved here from the phillippines, the only thing i can ride was a motorcycle, first i had a honda dio it was a small bike but i got the set-up with racing gear intake, and such and such, this type of racing is really big there, so to help me win i took off every part that i can , so basically i drive with jus the speedo, gastank, engine, electrical necessities , and seat, i was speeding in a highway then a taxi cut me off i swerve into a pot hole, bounced up, and when i landed the thing wasnt under me anymore, i landed and broke my ass bone, i couldnt walk for a month

then i got another small bike, 150 cc but i managed to bump it to 500 cc and i used a lpg tank (liquid petroluem gas) as a type of nos for it,

was in a race that i won then, a car came from nowhere, i had to down the bike , i ended up under the car with my leg by the exhuast , this was what 4-5 yrs ago, but the scars from the accident i still have both of my knees got quarter size scars on em thanx to these bikes

dcrusupra 06-22-2006 05:07 AM

Bah, my leg was worse. I'm kinda proud of it. Its just a big scab now.
The gash
Stitched up
Bandaged up

theWeezL 06-22-2006 06:03 AM

Yikes! now that one really made my peepee cringe!