Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 10-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
IchibanEye
Stock

IchibanEye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
What other information do you want? Have a compression test done, check oil and coolant for signs of contamination, check for diagnostics codes AFTER test driving it for a little bit (some people clear them before a buyer arrives but driving around until it warms up will cause most critical codes to show back up)... See the MKIII FAQ section for info on checking diagnostic codes, it's easy and you only need a paperclip.
@ cre I'm not nor was I ever really looking for specific information. I'm just trying to get a general consensus from other current and past owners of this particular model and year of car from the pictures and information I have supplied about the vehicle.

The more feedback the better. I'm also thankful of course for the extra pointers.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, just checking. I know we had a brief discussion via PM about upgrades, I tried to give you a brief synopsis but I've been a bit too tied up to start a new thread on the matter. If you start one though I'll chime in when I have a chance... Looks like I'm going to be tied up in court for the next day or two though... whoopie... I hate testifying in court cases.

Also, just so you know.... Sports car forums are rather seasonal. This forum isn't one of the busiest Supra forums so in the fall and winter it can really slow down. Spring and summer always provide a surge of traffic.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 10-22-2013 at 01:02 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #13
IchibanEye
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Okay, just checking. I know we had a brief discussion via PM about upgrades, I tried to give you a brief synopsis but I've been a bit too tied up to start a new thread on the matter. If you start one though I'll chime in when I have a chance... Looks like I'm going to be tied up in court for the next day or two though... whoopie... I hate testifying in court cases.

Also, just so you know.... Sports car forums are rather seasonal. This forum isn't one of the busiest Supra forums so in the fall and winter it can really slow down. Spring and summer always provide a surge of traffic.
@ cre, court is a drag no matter what side you are on. I'll start that new thread and thanks for the heads up and all of your feedback it has been most helpful.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #14
IchibanEye
Stock

Smile Tomorrow: Bonus or bust!

Well tomorrow is two things for me.

First, I turn 39. Second and way more exciting for me I'm going to look over/drive the car that started this all.

If all goes well it will be a day of many first times for me. The first time I have ever purchased a vehicle on my birthday. My first time being a Toyota owner. My first time owning a rear wheel drive turbo vehicle.

If I seal the deal I'll post pictures of my happy self and the new addition to my family. As an added bonus the current owner is more than happy to continue assisting/working/upgrading/restoring the car after she is sold.

Thanks for all of your help everyone.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #15
IchibanEye
Stock

Default **It's official!**

Hello all,

I picked her up today. I'm part of the Supra owners brotherhood and it feels great! I was blown away on how much work/care that has been bestowed upon this car. The seller and all of the work has been verified and is legit.

The car ran/drove/tracked/shifted flawlessly not to mention it was a blast getting her up to boost! I had been 3 years sober from forced induction before today. I'm officially off the wagon for good.

Bonus items with the car, spare complete turbo, spare head, spare transmission, various extra interior parts and rare factory Toyota manuals that cover every part on this year and model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-22_21.31.27.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	4878   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-22_21.32.19.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	4879  
Old 10-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #16
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the purchase! It looks like a really clean MKIII, and sounds like it came from a good home. In my experience, that's becoming a rare find.

Or maybe that's because I live in Montana and the majority of people here don't know what a Supra is.

In any case, have fun with the new toy and welcome to the club!
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #17
IchibanEye
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
Congrats on the purchase! It looks like a really clean MKIII, and sounds like it came from a good home. In my experience, that's becoming a rare find.

Or maybe that's because I live in Montana and the majority of people here don't know what a Supra is.

In any case, have fun with the new toy and welcome to the club!
@btwilson86 thank you! I believe it also to be rare that people take care of anything anymore. Props to my mother for teaching me to care for things and people. It makes those relationships last longer.

It feels great to be a part of the club and I look forward to sharing my experiences/builds/restorations and upgrades with you all.

Tags
7mgte, buying question, feedback, mk3, supra