Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 05-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
carl johansson
3" Exhaust

carl johansson is on a distinguished road
Default JBR looking for skilled engine mechanic - race for free!

JBR is a team that races 2 87 NA supras in the 24 hours of lemons series, essentially endurance racing - 14 - 24 hour races. We have had excellent sucess over the past 5 years.

But it has gotten to the point that we have to many irons in the fire,. my brother and I , team owners, drivers, pit crew, crewcheif, mechanics, well it's just eating up to much time. mainly because we also run 2 different off road motorcycle racing series, and we are spending all out time wrenching on , transporting and racing the bikes.

So we need a guy who knows what they are doing, is meticulous and level headed, and willing to do the required engine work on the supras. Right now we need someone to go through the engine, and put it all to factory specs (endurance is the key, engine mods typically = break or fail, we need the thing to run , flawlessly for 24 hours at a time.

We provide all the parts you will need, you can work at our garage, one in fresno California, 1 in park City Utah, or we can get the car / and or engine to your location.

In exchange for the wrenching, you get an equal share of driving time in the car!

let me know if you are interested.

best is
birdbrain13@gmail.com

or just call
559-367-7156
Carl
carl johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

If only I was in the US... I'd have snapped your hand off for an opportunity like that

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You're in the wrong state.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
carl johansson
3" Exhaust

carl johansson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
You're in the wrong state.
Yeah, i know cre, sorry about that. i can't remember what state you are in.

We would be willing to ship the motors to you, but it gets a bit logistically challenged. But if you really were interested, we could work something out.
I'll pm you my contact info if you wanrt to discuss this, or ask whatever questions.

thanks, i can always depend on getting great info and advise from you!

Carl Johansson

BTW we ran a honda CRX at Loudon this weekend. FWD is a hell of alot different than the supra. We ran OK, but it's back to RWD for me!
carl johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I've cleaned out some of the comments in this thread which were derailing it. If you're not interested what Carl has to offer well, just carry on. It can be a very fun operation to be part of and even without any cash it still pays a whole hell of a lot more than any of the MKIII "gonna make it JDM Tyte" local dipshits with whom I've spent many weekends helping them fix everything THEY fucked up with no compensation. Half of the few random breaks I take throughout my day are spent trying to make sure everyone here is taken care of (for free, except for the two people who in all of my time here were kind enough to donate a few dollars). If someone IS interested but you think more compensation is in order then contact Carl and see if it's negotiable. Stop pissing all over the thread because it's not something you're specifically interested in.

Carl, I do think it'd be a lot of fun. I've got the tools and the know-how but unfortunately, I can't even get into my garage right now. I'm renovating a house and doing all the landscaping by myself and presently working two jobs (sob story )... I'm in Denver by the way, shipping here shouldn't pose a problem but that's rather academic right now. I think if I brought home one more project before I get some of this other stuff taken care of my wife might lock me out.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
SupraHead
3" Exhaust

SupraHead is on a distinguished road

if only i was a mechanic myself. it will be like the movies....
SupraHead is offline   Reply With Quote