Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 03-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
Sonyps307
Lexus & 550's

Sonyps307 is on a distinguished road

Might be leaking for pressure sensor, turbo drain where it goes into the block or oil line feeding turbo, and oil filter housing, oil cooler lines
Sonyps307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #12
2fast4u
3" Exhaust

2fast4u is on a distinguished road
Default mk3 leaking oil

yes i changed the head gasket myself but i had the head pressure tested and cleaned at the machine shop and machined. iam stuck i dont know where else it can leak from if its not the turbo oil pipe nor the pan where else can it be coming from the passenger side of the motor. when ever i start the motor theres oil dripping slowly and after i shut the car off. But when i go underneath the car to touch and feel for oil, theirs always oil on the sides of the pan where the figp is .
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #13
2fast4u
3" Exhaust

Default mk3 leaking oil

yes i changed the head gasket myself put arp head studs in it and also had the head resurfaced at the machine shop, pressure tested, and cleaned. when ever i start the engine the leak developes and after i shut it off. at both times the oils dont flow out it just is like a small drip. i can hear it going drip drip drip. then when i go to touch and feel for oil so that i can find the place where the oil is actually leaking from i feel oil from where the oil pan is. iam talking about the place where the oil pan seal and the oil pan mate to the block. i fell oil from their. this is why i suspected oil from above becuase i thought it was from the turbo oil pipes but it wasnt. iam stuck, what else can cause a leak from the passenger side of the motor and leak onto the oil pan gasket to make it seem like its leaking from the oil pan gasket?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
2fast4u
3" Exhaust

Default mk3

yes i changed the head gasket myself put arp head studs in it and also had the head resurfaced at the machine shop, pressure tested, and cleaned. when ever i start the engine the leak developes and after i shut it off. at both times the oils dont flow out it just is like a small drip. i can hear it going drip drip drip. then when i go to touch and feel for oil so that i can find the place where the oil is actually leaking from i feel oil from where the oil pan is. iam talking about the place where the oil pan seal and the oil pan mate to the block. i fell oil from their. this is why i suspected oil from above becuase i thought it was from the turbo oil pipes but it wasnt. iam stuck, what else can cause a leak from the passenger side of the motor and leak onto the oil pan gasket to make it seem like its leaking from the oil pan gasket?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
2fast4u
3" Exhaust

Default Mk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyps307 View Post
Might be leaking for pressure sensor, turbo drain where it goes into the block or oil line feeding turbo, and oil filter housing, oil cooler lines
What is a turbo drain if u can please send me a picture of it thanks
Old 03-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Stop guessing. Clean the engine as thoroughly as possible and let it dry completely. Wipe down as much of the side where you think it may be leaking as possible. Now run the car for a few minutes. Now start dabbing at the engine to blot up any fresh oil which may have leaked out. Only go a couple inches at a time and keep checking the towel for wet oil. A leak can spray oil upward, but it's not common with oil and you'll know what parts you may check off your list of suspects. Make sure the engine has cooled enough not to burn yourself before you start reaching and shoving your arm against it.

DIY HG, first car, MKIII, oil leak, no mention of block prep..... I'm worried. Did you check the block deck for straightness with a machinist's straightedge? There was no significant pitting in the deck or it was properly addressed? You chased the threads for the headbolts? The headbolts were removed in the correct order and then when the head was reinstalled they torqued in the correct order and in multiple passes? What kind of head gasket did you use? Did you put FIPG at the lower rear timing plate and cylinder block union? Did you put FIPG at the #1 cam caps before putting the valve covers back on? Did you properly torque the valvecovers? Was the oil pressure sender removed for any reason? Were new gaskets installed on the turbo?

The drain is the 1" corrugated pipe which comes straight down from the turbo and then turns and mates with the block. The missing stay/support isn't going to account for any significant short term damage except for the possibility of inaccurate torque at the exhaust manifold. I would get it back on though.

Another location where it could be leaking is from the CPS. After you clean the engine check that area periodically too.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #17
2fast4u
3" Exhaust

Default mk3

yes i followed the tsrm manual. removed head bolts in order and put the fipg black sealant on cam covers also had the head machined, cleaned, and pressure tested. also i had the block prepped 4 hours to be perfect and checked with a percission straight edge. put new seals, new toyota head gasket, new turbo from turbonetics, oil lines valve cover gaskets and everything. i found out the leak it was from the dipstick from the oring seal becuase i got pissed and just took out the turbo and saw it was leaking from the o ring and leaking onto the oil pan making it look like it was leaking from the oil pan\. thanks guys i fixed my car and it purrs.