Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 09-02-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
RyanDronsfield
Stock

RyanDronsfield is on a distinguished road
Default Security system problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Relax, if it really was a bad thing I would've just deleted it. But, this does belong in the MKII section, not MKIII; they're obviously wired differently, bypassed differently and they're in different locations (The MKIII's is above the steering column and a tny bit of rewire is needed).

I'm moving this to its own thread in the MKII section.

EDIT:
I looked up a wiring diagram. WOW, that really is a somewhat pointless system... Rip the box out or cut the wires and that's it... not even a starter cut-out...

Here's an online link for an '86.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...ection=BE&P=87
Hi dear sir im new to here and bought a 89 supra like a week ago and it was running great till randomly poop it wont starter unless u push it :P (i only park on hills) well the symptoms is this. I have lots of power but no start :P so naturally i though new starter no biggie so new starter gose in and same thing now im thinking clutch switch relay or the security system cuse it seem i have power just not to the starter so far ive found the switch on the cluch but i dono witch relay is witch or were the security box is or if theres more then one if its a fused alarm system ect. i see that u have some experience in this and you may be some help so first things first i need to know were everything is then if its not the relays or switches i need to know how to remove the alarm properly if u could help id greatly appreciate it BTW sorry i cant spell properly (yes iv heard it all about my spelling)
RyanDronsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Does the starter crank or make any noise at all when you try to start the car?

When you lock the car using the key does the "Security" light on the dash turn on?

Is there any after market security system or keyless entry system installed?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
RyanDronsfield
Stock

Quote:
Does the starter crank or make any noise at all when you try to start the car?

When you lock the car using the key does the "Security" light on the dash turn on?

Is there any after market security system or keyless entry system installed?
I don't think there is a any after market security in it there is a red light behind the rear vew mirror not sur if it is part of the stok system or not or if it is currently flashing but that il check on my own
Old 09-03-2011, 03:05 AM   #4
RyanDronsfield
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDronsfield View Post
I don't think there is a any after market security in it there is a red light behind the rear vew mirror not sur if it is part of the stok system or not or if it is currently flashing but that il check on my own
Sorry that last part I ment when I get home tonight :P
Old 09-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Since you've got a MKIII and not a MKII I'm going to move your posts to a new thread in the MKIII section where others will see it and may be able to offer assistance as well.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
RyanDronsfield
Stock

Quote:
Since you've got a MKIII and not a MKII I'm going to move your posts to a new thread in the MKIII section where others will see it and may be able to offer assistance as well.
Oh durf :P thank you well I checked to see if that red sicurity light is still flashing and it is and it still flashes when whe it un locked too dose that make a different.