Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #111
ochowdero
12psi boost

ochowdero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
The spring is supposed to assist in returning the pedal but get the master and slave in place before you worry about it.

Yes, the stock spec for the pressure plate is correct.
okay thanks,
the pilot bushing is flush with the crank input on the engine.. whatever that spot is called..
and the flywheel is on...

i dont have money for a transmission jack..
can i use the floor jack to jack up my transmission?
if so how?

i really want turbo
ochowdero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #112
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

I've done that. Since it's not an automatic, you don't have to worry about crushing a pan or anything.

I've just balanced the transmission on the jack cup, kept a hand on it to stabilize it, and jacked it up.

I know that some places sell transmission jack adapters, they're supposed to go on a standard floor jack instead of the original cup
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #113
ochowdero
12psi boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
I've done that. Since it's not an automatic, you don't have to worry about crushing a pan or anything.

I've just balanced the transmission on the jack cup, kept a hand on it to stabilize it, and jacked it up.

I know that some places sell transmission jack adapters, they're supposed to go on a standard floor jack instead of the original cup
i meant for the manual trans since its round and not a square pan..

i really want turbo
Old 04-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #114
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Just use a 1' x 1' x 1/2" piece of plywood (NOT MDF or particle board!) and nail a couple scraps along two parallel sides as a guide leaving enough room to roll the tranny about 1/2" to either side. Then, use some metal strapping to attach it to the cup if there's not way to remove the cup and use a bolt through the board into the jack's head.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #115
ochowdero
12psi boost

Quote:
Just use a 1' x 1' x 1/2" piece of plywood (NOT MDF or particle board!) and nail a couple scraps along two parallel sides as a guide leaving enough room to roll the tranny about 1/2" to either side. Then, use some metal strapping to attach it to the cup if there's not way to remove the cup and use a bolt through the board into the jack's head.
haha quick and simple, i like it..

can i bolt up the starter after i install the transmission? or before?

i really want turbo
Old 04-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #116
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Do it after. I can't remember for sure but I believe one if not both of the bolts run into or through the bell housing.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #117
ochowdero
12psi boost

Quote:
Do it after. I can't remember for sure but I believe one if not both of the bolts run into or through the bell housing.
my mechanic said after..
which makes sense cuz one of the brackets for the bellhousing is connect through the starter...

i got my clutch disk and my pressure plate on.. bolts on the PP and there alil less then hand tight..
ima torque em but before i do, is there anything i should be careful about? or do before i torque them?
(the alignment tool is still inside it BTW)

i really want turbo
Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #118
ochowdero
12psi boost

hey every9one...
i need to know how to bleed the clutch lines for the mk3 non turbo...
and i reallyy need a pcture of what the clutch pedal assembly looks like...
i feel something is wrong with mine.. so i need your help

i really want turbo