Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 08-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

supraluver4life is on a distinguished road
Default More power less stuff ???

so im currently building a mostly stock 7mgte. Im shooting for around 350-400 horses. One of my big pet peeves with the supra is all the electrical humbo jumbo. Basically what i would like to do is make my own wiring harness and strip down as many things off the car as is possible. All i want under the hood is an engine, none of the electronic BS that came ion the supras. if someone could chime in with any threads about maybe EGR removal or such things that would be great. And i would really like to know what must stay. i really want to simplify this car and not have to worry about elecricalo problems ever again. Oh and can i use the stock ECU with everything missing? And no i dont car about check engine lights at all!!!!

thanks

"Not driving a car because its too nice, is like not fucking your gf so shes still tight for the next guy"
supraluver4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
MJG
3" Exhaust

MJG is on a distinguished road

Have you considered selling the Supra and buying a "57" Chevy?
MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #3
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

More like a 240sx s13 haha. But i love my poopra too much. Ive seen builds done with simplification but im not sure how to approach it. I have a spare wiring harness that im essentially going to tear apart and refine, simplify, and make more discrete (harness tuck).

"Not driving a car because its too nice, is like not fucking your gf so shes still tight for the next guy"
Old 08-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of electrical in the 240 last I worked on one.

You're not going to be able to use the stock ecu at all actually. Do remove all the electrical you've have to convert to a distributor with vacuum advance and ditch the fuel injection in favor of a carb... The ECU's programming is too dynamic, too tailored for every subtle change for you to start deleting sensors left and right (besides, you could only pull half of it unless you really convert to a carb and dizzy)... that's the entire point, wring out as much power as possible under as many conditions as possible.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:45 AM   #5
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

so to keep the efi, distributor-less spark, and keep electronic tuning capabilities, what can i remove? What sensors? Can someone point me to an EGR removal write up? because i cant find one for the life of me. Maybe i exaggerated a little about how simple i want it. I would just like it to look a little more refined under the hood.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You may delete the A/C and it's wiring and aux fan and you may delete the TEMS system and the power steering... if you want to keep your power you'd best leave the EFI system alone.

Leave the EGR, it reduces combustion chamber temps and costs the 7M no power. Otherwise you'll also need to source a JDM ECU and deal with the fact that it's got a governor on it.

Leave the charcoal canister, that one you can replace with a much smaller one from a Tercel and tuck it inside the fender.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote