Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #11
scorpion1
Stock

scorpion1 is on a distinguished road

I was going to get 2-3/4" hardpipe(aluminum) and heat wrapping it along with the header to bring down temps a little. I have read a few of the threads I missed the Spectre being mentioned. As far as the muffler goes its one Ive had for quite some time and its gone on everything Ive owned short of my GMC Truck, thats straight pipe lol. Sorry I like loud, never really cared what other people thought, if it doesnt sound good it comes off and goes back to stock and the muffler sits. On the intake manifold matter I could have sworn I spotted one for the 7M made by VENOM. coulda been for the MKIV though and I didnt catch it. Theyre supposed to be good on NA or Boosted apps so I figured it would be something worth picking up a while. Guess Ill have to do a little more digging. Thanks again for all the help, chances are Ill pick up some of the other parts and just set them aside for the build so I have them.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:05 AM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Spectre is crap, IMO... They're the only company I know of who'd chrome PVC piping (you know, it's used for your sink's drain) and tell you to go ahead and stuff it in a very hot engine bay for intake piping. I can't imagine anyone would bother wasting the money on buying one to review it.

I've never seen an aftermarket intake for the 7M-GE. I've seen a couple sites advertise one, but it's just a piece of curved pipe, two couplers and generic filter... doesn't even include the adapter you'd need to mount it to the 7M's AFM.

There is VERY LITTLE in the performance parts world that works well for both N/A and forced induction setups. Companies that insist their products are are either selling one of the few specialized products for which it is true (such as fuel pumps, fuel controllers and air filters) or they're just trying to make a sale. Intake, exhaust, cams, valves are all things which are chosen for a specific build; you don't just throw them on if you're really looking to get as much as possible out of your car. Now, if you're swapping out the GE and definitely go with an exhaust intended for a turbo setup (ie big) but otherwise you'd want to plan accordingly and keep the pipe size down.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #13
scorpion1
Stock

I meant VENOM Intake manifold.
as far as the Spectre goes I just meant a filter and they have a 3" aluminum adapter for the VAF
Old 02-27-2010, 03:15 AM   #14
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you're talking about another VENOM or they've recently expended their catalog, the only product I know of that they make for the MKIII are reconditioned stock injectors (which, given test results of others, I'd never trust).

Do whatever you wish for the air filter and the rest, it's your engine... but you did ask for advice and recommendations and that you have received.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-27-2010, 04:17 AM   #15
scorpion1
Stock

Like I said I probably saw it for the MKIV or something else. Im not disregarding your filter preferences and chances are Ill pick one up from the list I was just trying to clarify what I meant.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:55 AM   #16
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Ahhhh.... I forgot about the adapter.... sorry, haven't had an AFM on my car in a long time.

On Ebay they generally run around $10: http://cgi.ebay.com/86-92-Toyota-Sup...item5ad6bedc9b
No idea how much Spectre's is.

Tip Jar --->