View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
scorpion1
Stock

scorpion1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. I was planning on doing something along the lines of a tuneable MAF and IAT setup but I wasnt sure how to convert the signals into readable ECU language as Im sure theyd be quite different. Ive heard a bit about the GM MAFT setup on DSMs since my buddies planning on doing something along those lines to his AWD Talon. As far as the build goes (havent done a whole lot of research into the engines just yet so I could be way off base) but I was planning on porting and shaving the head and getting higher compression pistons for starters to raise the compression as much as safely possible then going from there. Possibly look into CO2 (cryo) setups to greatly reduce the air temp since its alot more stable than spray. Obviously I wouldnt be buying a box kit because theyre generally lacking. Something along the lines of copper tubing lining the inside or outside of the intake pipe to create a much larger supercooled surface as apposed to the tiny "bulbs" in the store kits which generally restrict airflow. Its been quite some time since I did my Supra research as I just figured Id never get one so I do have to redo alot of my homework. Theres always the LS1 :-)