Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #21
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

what the hell is that tea cup doing inside your engine bay? man they cram the weirdest t stuff in there. no seriously wtf is that? the green connector plugs into the thermostat housing. but I don't recall ever seeing that plastic cover before.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Last edited by Green7mgte; 01-28-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #22
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The one with the rubber boot is the oil pressure sender's connector; The boot covers the sender. Under the exhaust manifold and up from the oil filter... look for a metal can just small enough to fit in that rubber boot.

The matching pair are for the knock sensors. They're located under the intake manifold, one is between cylinders #5 and #6 (between the starter and the block) and the other is up between cylinders #1 and #2.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #23
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

supraluver4life is on a distinguished road

ok thank you but i still dont know y it wont start

"Not driving a car because its too nice, is like not fucking your gf so shes still tight for the next guy"
supraluver4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #24
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You sure you got the harness patched up correctly? Any error codes (do you know how to check them)?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 AM   #25
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

ya i know how to check them and ive been wanting to all day but its just been non-stop snow here. ill try to run a diagnostic tonight

"Not driving a car because its too nice, is like not fucking your gf so shes still tight for the next guy"
Old 01-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #26
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

so after screwing around with it for the past couple days i got it to start. it started 3 or 4 times and died a couple seconds later. so i was really confused and didnt know y. i broke it down and thought about everything one more time, and as i was thinking i realized there was a vacuum hose and a coolant line that i hadnt hooked up. hooked them up and it started. but i couldnt rev it at all. i would touch the gas and it would die. so then i thought a little more and.... bammmmm!!!! i realized i hadnt hooked up the cold start injector and i tried for a little while and didnt have time to hook it up. so im hoping that it was the problem. i will update this thread when ive hooked it up and if it works then yay if not then damn.

also when it warmed up for 15 minutes i was able to rev it but i could only do it slowly. if i just jammed down the gas it would sputter and miss and the rpms wouldnt increase. i just wanted another opinion or two about it. i believe its because of the cold start injector but someone should tell me if that theory is correct.

thank you so much for all the help. i really appreciate it.
oh and i cant find that damn connection for the oil pressure sending unit thing.
and i tested for codes and all i could get was a code 11?? what is that??

Old 01-30-2010, 12:14 AM   #27
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

so i hooked everything up and it starts right up but when i try to raise the rpms above 2500 it just sputters and loses rpms... why is it doing that?

Old 01-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #28
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Off the top of my head possibilities are: knock sensor problems, AFM problem.... I'm not sure if the oil pressure sender being disconnected would cause that, but I think it's unlikely.

Did you get the knock sensors connected? Did you drop the AFM? Did you perhaps spray anything into the AFM (such as a MAF cleaner or brake cleaner)? Have you checked for codes now that the you've had the car running?

As for the oil pressure sender... Follow the yellow arrow.
Click image for larger version

Name:	OilPressureSender.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	2758

Oh, and the cold start injector ONLY adds fuel WHILE you are cranking. In all but the coldest conditions the car will still start without it, just not without some trouble.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-31-2010, 02:41 AM   #29
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

alright so i checked the codes again and all im getting is a 31... afm so i have to figure out what exactly is wrong tomorrow. ill bust into the wiring and hope its just something there if not then ill either replace it, or clean it... or... um... idk what should i do?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:47 AM   #30
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Other than blowing some air through it you really can't clean it. It's an optical sensor and trying to clean them usually results in catastrophic failure; In other words, you'll be buying a new one.

The cause of a code 31 could prevent the car from starting and running. With the wiring for the CPS being jacked up, I would be surprised at all if that was the case in other areas as well... How did it get messed up to begin with, do you know?

Tip Jar --->

Tags
ignition, no start, spark