Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #11
Androidrc
Stock

Androidrc is on a distinguished road
Default thanks

u know what i helicoiled and restudded the exhaust manifold the other day and when i was all done i forgot to plug the AFM back in when i first started it up. it was a week ago but it WAS unplugged for a minute or 2. im gunna put my coat on and go outside for a bit. THANKS ALOT for all the help and information ill let u know what i find.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You really NEED to get the oil out of the galley, especially since you've pulled the plug wires out with the oil in there... it WILL cause misfires.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:53 AM   #13
Androidrc
Stock

Default it's 9 freaking degrees out

o no i pulled them off the coil but i agree it needs cleaned out. the 5 minutes i looked at it tonight haven shown me nothing but tomorrow i can put it in the garage and see. im thinking there is probably a broken wire somewhere in the harness that runs by the thermostat housing considering all of the sensors in question run by there. that or a bad afm. but until then thanks again for the help.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #14
Androidrc
Stock

Default research

well in the morning im gunna check the plugs and for openings or shorts in the harness but i have a bad feeling. after looking at the tsrm troubleshooting guide, all for codes have one possible fault in common, the ECU. ill keep my fingures crossed and hope i just have to repair a wire or something but it's not looking good for now. even just the word ECU sounds expensive.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The ECU is a possible source for EVERY code... it seldom is the problem... unless you've been doing some creative wiring.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #16
Androidrc
Stock

Default mostly solved

ok well i went out and pulled my plugs. 4 out of the six were DRIPPING WET with what smelled like dirt mixed with burnt oil. it does burn some so that makes sense. i cleaned the plugs off and removed any corrosion from the wires and reinstalled everything.......RUNS GREAT. better than ever. next month (ill be away with the army for a month) im going to get after it really good and do valve cover seals, oil galley plug seals, plugs, wires, and an oil change. thanks for the help i appreciate it very much. ill let u know if anything starts up again
Old 01-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #17
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidrc View Post
4 out of the six were DRIPPING WET with what smelled like dirt mixed with burnt oil. it does burn some so that makes sense.
Oil in the galley has nothing to do with burning oil (unless both are a symptom of a severely cracked head). The oil got on the plugs when you pulled them. Plugs come out and oil and dirt pour in.

I'm glad the problem was a simple one!

Tip Jar --->