Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-31-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Cyto is on a distinguished road
Default Breakthrough!!

Well, I'm sure we've all heard my turbo problems and what-not... but I, my good sirs, have made a breakthrough.

Well, I got to looking at the turbo hoses, vacuum hoses, and others... I've noticed that the airflow sensor hose is running into the actuator.

The actuator is supposed to be connected to the intercooler, no?

This is how the hoses are connected to my actuator.

Right Shiah!!

Now wtf?

I might have to sell it to help pay for school so here's the link.

http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...html#post72357
Cyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

ROFL.... getting a bit sloppy there though. The actuator must get its signal from somewhere between the turbo and the intake side of the head. Stock, the actuator's signal is sourced from turbo's compressor outlet directly; this is the safest location for it. Other options would be sourcing it from between the IC and the throttle body or sourcing it after the throttle body; Each setup has its pros and cons.

I am glad for the honorable mention...

Where is the power steering's vacuum line run to?

Stock WG actuator vac line routing:
<----- LandCruiser WG actuator BTW
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 01-01-2010 at 02:51 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Well I was in a hurry, and it was like 4 in the morning haha + a laptop track pad doesn't really help the situation =/

Ok, so where the hell does the air flow meter hose go?

He had this all screwed up.. x.x Never again will I allow outsiders to work on Natalie.

Oh, umm btw do you have a more convenient way of contacting you? Sometimes I'm working on the car, and I need a few pointers... And considering, it takes up to 2 days for a reply... It doesn't help going to a forum. x.x

Old 01-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Vacuum diagrams:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyto View Post
Oh, umm btw do you have a more convenient way of contacting you? Sometimes I'm working on the car, and I need a few pointers... And considering, it takes up to 2 days for a reply... It doesn't help going to a forum. x.x
Sorry, no. It's nothing personal, but due to previous experiences... I no longer hand out my contact info. I'm on here frequently as it is and I'm not the only knowledgeable person here. Besides, you have my email address as it is (although, I recommend you only use that if you're in a major bind).
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 01-01-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
reydio
Intake

reydio is on a distinguished road

AFM is in the correct place, between the accordion hose and your K&N Filter.
reydio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by reydio View Post
AFM is in the correct place, between the accordion hose and your K&N Filter.
I think he was asking about the attached vacuum line.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
reydio
Intake

reydio is on a distinguished road

Oh ok, the vacuum hose on the bottom of the Accordion Tube...yep, it goes to the power steering.
reydio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Actually, I was asking about the vacuum hose that connects to the AFM.

Mine is connected from the AFM to the WG Actuator..

Old 01-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

There is no vacuum line in the AFM... do you mean the hard pipe built onto the mounting bracket? That's *kind of* pictured in the images above... it sits in the middle of the hose which runs from the BVSV to the charcoal canister.

Here's a hint: On the under hood vacuum diagram (the red one posted above) any white segments of line indicate a hard pipe.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Okay, I just went out there and looked... It's not in the AFM, but it is on the bottom of the accordian pipe. I think. It's a long pipe, connected by two clamps.. as shown in F1.

F1