Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

bryanf89 is on a distinguished road
Default throttle body question

i seen this throttle body on ebay and wanted to know what people think about it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
bryanf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Are you looking to use this on the stock manifold? Make sure you can find a TPS that can be wired to work with minimal effort too.

It's going to take some work to get it to mount to a stock 7M-GTE manifold. You should contact the seller and get the bolt pattern to make sure it's compatible with your manifold unless you're able to make an adapter plate or pay to have one built. It also will require some modification to get the throttle connected. The stock TB uses a linkage assembly to get around the fact that the cable comes from the intake side. With this you'll either need a long cable with a pretty heavy bend in it, OR you could go to a shorter cable and a custom bracket mounted to the intake side of the head.

Personally, I'd spend my money on other mods first, then worry about the TB. If the pulley was eccentric I would probably be interested though.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

what mods do you suggest?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! Ummm, what have you already done, what shape is the car in and what are your goals? I recommend supporting mods and repairs first... namely fuel system, brake and suspension.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

everything is stock i jus order a cold air intake kit thats about the only mod ive done to the car. the condition is GREAT except for this fender bender i had on fri =( damn taxi ram into my front end fender
its nothing to bad jus replace the fender but ill get everythin new since i went thru insurance
Old 12-21-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
StonecoreTx
Intake

StonecoreTx is on a distinguished road

call me crazy but that is a HUGE TB for a stock 7m build, especially if you have the factory 7m intake manifold.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:00 AM   #7
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

Yes i deceided to wait till i modify the engine to get that TB
Old 12-21-2009, 03:13 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Another question is... is the cold air intake really cold? Or did you just open up the intake to a whole lot of hot air with a nice big filter in the engine bay?

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-21-2009, 03:25 AM   #9
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

Funny you should bring that up cre, i recently bought an apexi intake kit with an hps silicone turbo inlet. Once i get my exhaust system installed im going to wrap it up in insulation. I seen some1 take actual temps of the difference with exhaust insulation and engine bay was cooler by an average 100degress!!
Old 12-21-2009, 03:28 AM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

I've done actual tests and compared datalogs. If the filter is open to the engine bay, you're losing power... p e r i o d. You're better off with the stock airbox in that case.

Tip Jar --->