Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
AaronCDC
Stock

AaronCDC is on a distinguished road
Default Newb to the site. Bought a 87 Yellow Supra Today. Introducing myself

Yup im a newb. i used to have a 85 supra. junker really but still it was a supra and i loved it. but now i have a 87 yellow toyota supra. 5 spd. targa top. with the tems. and 89 special edition white wheels? (what the previous owner told me) ill be posting pics soon i hope. or atleast a link to my myspace or facebook with the pics.... IF thats ok. name is Aaron. im 22. i do data entry for a living for now. i live in Shelton, WA. if anyone knows where that is or lives nearby let me know. i would love to get together with some other supra owners. anyways this is me. any more q's just let me know.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Aaron, welcome to the forum!

I'd prefer to see the pics posted here versus somewhere where a membership or the need to jump through other hoops might be a road block... but if you feel the need I don't think it's a problem.

So, you're becoming something of a collector eh? Expensive hobby, but I suppose it is cheaper than collecting Ferrari's or such.

White trim and white wheels on '89+ is the "white package". I don't know how limited it was or how many years it was available from the factory. Dealerships painted trim and rims on pre89's as a dealer white package; read a bit about that a few weeks ago. I'm going to have to look up the details on the white package again to refresh my memory now.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
AaronCDC
Stock

Default yup

yeah that sounds kinda like what he said. but i just have the white wheels. ill get some pics up today. ill up load em here. actually since im the only one at work for now ill go take some pics right now. ill post in a bit. let me know what you all think. (p.s. i know it needs a paint job lol.)
Old 12-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
AaronCDC
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Hey Aaron, welcome to the forum!

I'd prefer to see the pics posted here versus somewhere where a membership or the need to jump through other hoops might be a road block... but if you feel the need I don't think it's a problem.

So, you're becoming something of a collector eh? Expensive hobby, but I suppose it is cheaper than collecting Ferrari's or such.

White trim and white wheels on '89+ is the "white package". I don't know how limited it was or how many years it was available from the factory. Dealerships painted trim and rims on pre89's as a dealer white package; read a bit about that a few weeks ago. I'm going to have to look up the details on the white package again to refresh my memory now.

ok here is the pics of my car. ill put more up later but since im at work i took what i could for now. let me know what more pics you guys want and ill be sure to put em up

And here is a couple pics of the car before i bought it. when i was test driving it. sorry there so dark ill get some better pics like i said

and just for fun here is some pics of my old supra. and underneath ill include a couple links to vids of it.... IT WAS LOUD... lil too loud i think.

Video 1: http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...Picture112.flv

Video 2: http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...Picture111.flv

Last edited by AaronCDC; 12-12-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: didnt add pics right the first time. & forgot to add links to the vids
AaronCDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad. Still riding like a 4x4 I see. Nice and straight from what I can tell, any rust or is it clean?

Heh, didn't even see that it was yellow... White Package was a white car with white trim and white wheels... I know that much, just don't remember the other details.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
AaronCDC
Stock

Quote:
Not bad. Still riding like a 4x4 I see. Nice and straight from what I can tell, any rust or is it clean?

Heh, didn't even see that it was yellow... White Package was a white car with white trim and white wheels... I know that much, just don't remember the other details.
yeah the previous owner got the wheels from someone and threw em on this one. and as far as i have seen SO FAR i have not seen ANY rust. bout the only thing i found that does not work is my dome lights. all fuses are good and i put in brand new bulbs.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

If the domes don't come on when the door are open or when you press the buttons you should check the ground inside the housing. It's a common fail point (on targa equipped MKIIIs in particular). The ground is just riveted to the housing and corrodes over time. Drill out the rivet, clean everything off with some sandpaper and put it all back together with a sheet metal screw. I'm pretty sure there's only one ground, but I could be wrong and there could be two; I haven't had to do this in a long time.

PS, the stock rims are directional. The driver's side front on your car is a passenger side rim... bet there's a drivers side rim on the passenger side. Sorry... just had to be nit-picky.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
AaronCDC
Stock

Quote:
If the domes don't come on when the door are open or when you press the buttons you should check the ground inside the housing. It's a common fail point (on targa equipped MKIIIs in particular). The ground is just riveted to the housing and corrodes over time. Drill out the rivet, clean everything off with some sandpaper and put it all back together with a sheet metal screw. I'm pretty sure there's only one ground, but I could be wrong and there could be two; I haven't had to do this in a long time.

PS, the stock rims are directional. The driver's side front on your car is a passenger side rim... bet there's a drivers side rim on the passenger side. Sorry... just had to be nit-picky.

oh nice to know. ill have to get those switched. thnks for lettin me know though. and yeah ill check out that ground. glad i joined this site or id be stumped lol. and i need a new cable to pop the hatch. but might splurge and just get a trunk popper. not sure which.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
Cyto
3" Exhaust

Cyto is on a distinguished road

Welcome lol
It's a nice car! lol I wish I had a 5 spd. Soon! lol

and that 85 was probably a beast. I see the giant exhaust coming out the back... Loud eh? lol

I might have to sell it to help pay for school so here's the link.

http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...html#post72357
Cyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #10
AaronCDC
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyto View Post
Welcome lol
It's a nice car! lol I wish I had a 5 spd. Soon! lol

and that 85 was probably a beast. I see the giant exhaust coming out the back... Loud eh? lol

oh lord you have no idea. even at cruising speed on the highway my ears wanted to burst. it was SUPER loud.