View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

If the domes don't come on when the door are open or when you press the buttons you should check the ground inside the housing. It's a common fail point (on targa equipped MKIIIs in particular). The ground is just riveted to the housing and corrodes over time. Drill out the rivet, clean everything off with some sandpaper and put it all back together with a sheet metal screw. I'm pretty sure there's only one ground, but I could be wrong and there could be two; I haven't had to do this in a long time.

PS, the stock rims are directional. The driver's side front on your car is a passenger side rim... bet there's a drivers side rim on the passenger side. Sorry... just had to be nit-picky.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote