Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #41
AaronCDC
Stock

AaronCDC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green7mgte View Post
wow thats a bummber. you can get an ebay motor for a little over a grand.. I never bought an engine from ebay or know anyone who has. Just saying I seen them on there all the time.. what did the oil pressure gauge look like just before the catastrophic failure. do 89's have oil pressure gauges? If they do the normal is just at 40 or the next lowest line depending on temp.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260509008153
-pic of a oil pressure gauge

for instance in the summer time My gauge is just at the 40 mark never above it. and atm right now its about 30 degrees outside and its down between the two.
well for some reason it was usually about 60 or so. then right before it happend it was down to like 30-40.. thought it was odd..... i never bought off of ebay either. but im thinkin bout sellin the car for what i can get then maybe finding someone MORE RELIABLE> and making payments to them for THERE supra. i unno.... i love supras like more than anything. i want a running one though lol.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:28 AM   #42
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Payments on a 22 year old car is a mistake... a BIG one. Sadly, you know that now. If you shop around a bit you should be able to find another engine for anywhere from $300 to $800. If you do all the work yourself the expense won't be much higher including replacing the old cracked hoses here and there.... but if you're not mechanically inclined and you don't feel you can accomplish a straight swap then yes, you should put the car behind you.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:31 AM   #43
AaronCDC
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Payments on a 22 year old car is a mistake... a BIG one. Sadly, you know that now. If you shop around a bit you should be able to find another engine for anywhere from $300 to $800. If you do all the work yourself the expense won't be much higher including replacing the old cracked hoses here and there.... but if you're not mechanically inclined and you don't feel you can accomplish a straight swap then yes, you should put the car behind you.
yeah i know that know. i just thought maybe somewhere there is honest people lol. he said it was all rebuilt and blah blah. wanted 2400 total for the car. but if i go to make payments on another supra im thinkin i want a 93 and up lol. although i wouldnt mind a turbo motor installed in my car and i can make payments to the mechanic lol. i just dont wanna NOT have a supra. i love em.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #44
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean about loving the car.
I had this 92 7mgte for acouple years now, after It was presented to me as a gift. and in the last year the toyota supra population in my town went from 1 being mine to 4. then just last week i saw someone with a 87 and a 91 sitting in his driveway. I sat outside for a moment and was thinking about going knocking on his door. but pulled away figuring that would be a little creepy.
I purposly drive past this house everyday to the shop I work in to see if i can catch a glimpse of the owner. stalker much? whats stalking between fellow supra owners. oh and just a fyi, mine is the best. greenish color. leather seats. and that new style toyota emblem on the front. not the square badge =) best looking supra in town. best condition also

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #45
AaronCDC
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green7mgte View Post
I know what you mean about loving the car.
I had this 92 7mgte for acouple years now, after It was presented to me as a gift. and in the last year the toyota supra population in my town went from 1 being mine to 4. then just last week i saw someone with a 87 and a 91 sitting in his driveway. I sat outside for a moment and was thinking about going knocking on his door. but pulled away figuring that would be a little creepy.
I purposly drive past this house everyday to the shop I work in to see if i can catch a glimpse of the owner. stalker much? whats stalking between fellow supra owners. oh and just a fyi, mine is the best. greenish color. leather seats. and that new style toyota emblem on the front. not the square badge =) best looking supra in town. best condition also
lol definitely a supra lover like me lol. seems my funds are being slacked a lil bit so i cant afford a new engine looks like i gotta sell the car so i can fix my truck... but upside is. ONCE i get my tickets paid off and everything then i have no more bills and ill buy ANOTHER supra from someone that knows what the hell there doing. but yes my supra is FOR sale. so if someone lives in washington or close. make me an offer. o and i found out my supra is a 86.5 not an 87 sorry for the confusion. http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/1519154410.html
Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #46
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCDC View Post
ONCE i get my tickets paid off
Ahhh, that right there confirms that you are not yet ready for a Supra.... the tickets aren't supposed to start piling until AFTER you've been driving one for a bit!

Still, it sucks. You got a crap deal and I feel for ya. Any luck dealing with the guy you bought it from?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #47
AaronCDC
Stock

Quote:
Ahhh, that right there confirms that you are not yet ready for a Supra.... the tickets aren't supposed to start piling until AFTER you've been driving one for a bit!

Still, it sucks. You got a crap deal and I feel for ya. Any luck dealing with the guy you bought it from?
most my tickets are for no insurance lol. im done with speeding tickets lol. got all those with my srt4. and no not really. i let him know and his only words mainly were how hard was i driving it and did i check the oil like he said..... he said engine was rebuilt.... why should i have to check the oil every day? but yes i did. and i only drove it 244 miles and never took it over 80?? so yeah. but he has not responded... said for 700 could get me a jdm with install. i was like you want ME? to pay? ummmm... yeah ok. no see ya... i WILL get another supra whether i have to steal one or not lol. i love these cars. but next time im going to make sure i get it from someone more trustworthy.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #48
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is no joke... I can't count how many times I've had metro tail me for a couple of miles before moving on their merry way... such prejudice and discrimination against driving a sports car.. but it's still kinda nice... will never get that experience driving a saturn LS or a dodge neon... that's for sure...
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #49
AaronCDC
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krem View Post
This is no joke... I can't count how many times I've had metro tail me for a couple of miles before moving on their merry way... such prejudice and discrimination against driving a sports car.. but it's still kinda nice... will never get that experience driving a saturn LS or a dodge neon... that's for sure...
lol definitely for sure lol. i had a neon SRT4 though one time. they kinda watched me lol.