Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-04-2010, 02:59 AM   #181
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

EDIT: I am sorry... I re-read the thread and this was a rebuild.... I'm getting confused from one member to the next this past month. My apologies.

Here's some excellent information on breaking it all in: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48993

Sorry Joe, I'm an ass.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 01-04-2010 at 03:55 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #182
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

cvbikeguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
EDIT: I am sorry... I re-read the thread and this was a rebuild.... I'm getting confused from one member to the next this past month. My apologies.

Here's some excellent information on breaking it all in: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48993

Sorry Joe, I'm an ass.
hahaha yup yup rebuild. anyways so i was so frustrated with the car. and its numerous amounts of leaks.....

so i took it all apart. hahaha in one night. i start worl in 5.3 hours. grrrr i better hurry
cvbikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #183
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Where in the engine should I or should not use rtv suff. (Gasket goop)
Old 01-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #184
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

im still alive.....

car isnt.

so i have everything fine and perfect.....

except a leak underneath the intake runner (that tiny nipple i was trying to find before. but it actually doesnt look like its coming from the hose. looks like coolant is leaking from where the intake runner and the engine head meet..... im so lost. this will be the 4 time taking everything apart. any ideas?

thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #185
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The coolant channel passes through the runner's flange and into the head. If the gasket is damaged or poorly sealing it will leak.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #186
oregonjoe
3" Exhaust

oregonjoe is on a distinguished road
Default Water Through Intake Runner

Yup - true as rain. That magic nipple under the intake runner feeds right through to the head and if the gasket is not right - will leak. I RTV every place where coolant can leak. .

Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterToHeadViaIntakeRunner.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	2724

Also don't forget about the coolant bypass that goes up to the throttle body as well

Click image for larger version

Name:	DriverSideConnectors_WaterBypass.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	2725

RTV the Intake runner on both sides where the collant passes through, Rtv all coolant hoses

No leaks yet,
oregonjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:38 AM   #187
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

"You don't need to rtv that"

Last time I listen to a guy with an evo also...

Grr
Old 01-12-2010, 03:40 AM   #188
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Excellent! Thanks for the pics Joe!

One thing to note is that if the gasket has a viton coating for that passage you need to be very careful about any sealants you might want to use on them... most contain enough trace solvents to cause the viton to bubble or ripple and may actually cause a worse leak than allowing the viton to do its job. If there is no sealant present, then YES, a thin coat of RTV is the way to go. I've had both types of gaskets in the past and neither leaked... never tried one with no sealant.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #189
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

ahouls i be worried about the coolant getting in places it shouldnt since it leaked?

and yes thanks so much for the pics and help. im not giving up yet....

after putting this together for the 4th time?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:37 AM   #190
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbikeguy View Post
ahouls i be worried about the coolant getting in places it shouldnt since it leaked?
Well, as long as it isn't pooling up anywhere you should be alright. Make sure it's hanging out with the spark plugs in the galley.

Tip Jar --->