Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 03-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
chinesedawn
Intake

chinesedawn is on a distinguished road
Question Why?! Still no power....

I change the air filter with a adapter and I fix my oil problem( the 4 bolts on the #3 cyclinder head cover leaking oil) ,clean the spark plugs but still no power.......fuel mile age become much better but I can't feel the pull even WOT..... What could cause this?!
chinesedawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

whats the name of your original thread. so we can see what was already done. the original problems and so forth.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
chinesedawn
Intake

Question

I will list what I have done

1, rebuild my engine
2, car idle speed not stable and hard to start sometime, no power,I adjusted timing, fixed.
3, Coolant Tem high,I changed radiator and fill coolant, fixed
4, oil change
5, compare to other supra, my car don't have enough power( no pull ) and eat a lot of gas,I checked air filter and spark plugs, air filter dirty and lots of oil cover all the spark plugs ,I change the air filter with adapter and clean all the oil under #3 cyclinder cover, clean all the spark plugs(I use ngk) and put new gasket for the 4 big bolts. fuel mile age become better but still no power..... No DTC,car runs smooth just don't have enough power.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
chinesedawn
Intake

Red face cost me 45 seconds to accelerate to 60mile/hour!......

I posted a thread the day before yesterday( why?! still no power) but nobody give a good answer so I post another one, I wish somebody can give some help.

like what I said, the car runs smooth but too smooth, I test my car just now, my supra need 45seconds to accelerate to 60miles/hour, from 0 to 40miles/hour is OK,just OK, but from 40 to 60 is super slow. air filter is new, spark plugs are pretty good, I checked them few days ago, EGR valve works properly, all spark plug wires are new, fuel mile age is about 18 miles/gl, gas pedal pretty sensitive right now but I can't feel too much difference when I pressed it to floor, I can hear engine work harder and RPM increase( but slow) but still poor accleration

I want to know what test I should do to figure out what is the problem of my car and fix it, I only have basic tools right now so I only can do some easy test I think.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't post multiple threads. If you feel the need post a followup request in the original. If people start answering both it makes it hard to know what has and what hasn't been suggested and tested.

Have you checked for diagnostic codes? Start there. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/TechTi...ror_codes.aspx
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Your other thread was YESTERDAY! WTF? Your communication skills also leave something to be desired... Try posting threads with no info on what's been going on and what other work you've done on the car and you might get more responses.

I'm merging the threads and if I see more empty pleas for help with mo background info or that are continuations of other threads you've already started I'm just going to delete them. There's no reason why the people here who are trying to help each other should have to do homework just to find out what problem you're talking about to begin with.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-24-2010, 01:40 AM   #7
chinesedawn
Intake

.....en I still think I posted the first tread the day before yesterday, I think the time on each thread is a little bit wrong, you reply me just now which is around 7pm but the time on you tread shows 1:07 am..... I am sorry if I am wrong and I won't post multiple threads anymore.

I did check DTC, there is no codes.

Last edited by chinesedawn; 03-24-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Fix your timezone in your user profile and the times should show up fine for you. Mine are accurate.

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-24-2010, 01:51 AM   #9
chinesedawn
Intake

Never mind, my bad.... and back to my question, I did check the DTC, no codes, what I should do next?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:30 AM   #10
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

What engine / transmission combination do you have?
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote