Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #101
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

BCPR5EGP are the factory plug and they're very good. If you want a different plug, I'd stick with the NGK's; you need to make sure the model number starts with "BCPR5E".
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #102
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

cvbikeguy is on a distinguished road
Talking cre if you ever come to cali im buying you a beer

so im about to try to finish up the wiring today......

Cre i picked up one of your links http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...x?S=Main&P=023

you should really start teaching classes or something. ill pay )))

so i think i have the wiring figured out. theres just a few stray red wires that dont seem to lead anywhere. and there are a couple connectors that just look like ground wires. oh yea and since im so gentle with my car i managed to break the connector on top of the water housing from the radiator. electrical tape holds it together just fine for now. ill order the connector for that. ill post of pics in a sec.

one more thing, i noticed people asking for help on the forums are often really rude and unappreciative of the $$$$$$$$$ worth of help they are getting. thats sad. so cre, billuk, ihatehacks, oregonjoe and any other people that have helped or that ive taked info from......

thanks.

maybe the car will be running tonight.
cvbikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #103
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, I don't know enough to teach classes.... I'll take the money though!
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-31-2009, 03:48 AM   #104
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

lol if only i had it man.

anyone know where these wires go

first pic, the circular ones. looks like ground wires

second pic

thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 05:56 AM   #105
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

The circular ones are grounds... they mount to the upper flange of the lower intake plenum where it meets the upper plenum... there's a stud with nothing else connected to it IIRC.

The second looks like the harness plug for the ACIS VSV.... vacuum switching valve which is mounted below the lower intake plenum in the middle.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-31-2009, 06:02 AM   #106
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Your injectors aren't oriented correctly. There is a guide for each on the fuel rail which places the plugs above the rail, not below... below looks a *tiny* bit cleaner, but trouble shooting injector issues is made a bit more difficult.

Can you post what color those wires are on the connector in the second pic?

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #107
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Your injectors aren't oriented correctly. There is a guide for each on the fuel rail which places the plugs above the rail, not below... below looks a *tiny* bit cleaner, but trouble shooting injector issues is made a bit more difficult.

Can you post what color those wires are on the connector in the second pic?
grrrr. lol thanks cre ill go back and fix it. soooo i figured out all the wires except a few

first pic colors:
yellow with red stripes
blue and yellow with red stripes
black and red with black stripes
black with red stripes

second pic is 2 wires coming out through the firewall

so i didnt touch these wires at all during my rebuild so im guessing it was running without these. and its pretty obvious it should be going inside the box in that empty space....

to bad they dont fit. theres also a third red wire thats grounded off so i figure it connects to one of these.

thanks for the help... almost done
Old 12-31-2009, 09:30 PM   #108
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

The two red wires are not stock... can't help there, look if they run to the trunk (possibly a stereo addon).

The plug in the first pic is probably The connector for the ABS speed sensor... I'm not 100% sure. The mating plug will be another harness connector running up along the tranny on the DS.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #109
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
The two red wires are not stock... can't help there, look if they run to the trunk (possibly a stereo addon).

The plug in the first pic is probably The connector for the ABS speed sensor... I'm not 100% sure. The mating plug will be another harness connector running up along the tranny on the DS.
not stock? *snip*

mmk. so far i have 3 wires already connected that are coming from the tranny area. looks like im crawling underneath again. lol thanks
Old 01-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #110
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Default im an idiot

so i have everything connected and back together except for that one plug and a mysterious vacuum hose. sooo i figured it was safe to start putting fluids in.

can you see where this is going?

i started with the oil..... fine
started putting in the coolant.... drip drip.... pooooooooorrrrrrrrr

i forgot to connect one of the hoses that comes off of that U shaped pipe around the engine. im an idiot

luckily im really skinny and can get my hands in there.

sooo the next problem is this

i have a slight feeling im screwd