Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Spitfire_Fox
Stock

Spitfire_Fox is on a distinguished road
Default 86.5 7MGE wont start , no spark

ok .. heres the senario ... i bought the car with a 7mge jdm engine just installed .. the guy i got it from couldnt get it to start ... i got it home .. checked the timing checked the wiring .. disabled the alarm .. it acted like it wanted to start ( had a few backfires in the process) still had spark .. drained gas tank , added fresh gas , checked every thing again (although there is NO hole in the camshaft or camshaft journal for the timing.... at all) re checked the distributor .... everything was copacetic ... then it fired less and less .. so we checked the coil , ignitor and distributor again .. set the vehicle security system back how it was supposed to be and now ... even after changing all of the ignition system (even though it checks out) ... again .. no spark .. non from the coil .. (yes the brown wire reads 12 + volts when the ignition is on ) primary and secondary readings are both within tolerance .... the injectors are correct (yellow top) ... have tried three different MAF units and two different computers (yes there is power at the computer ) compression is 85 pounds per cylinder (pretty much all of them are really close to the same .. within one pound .. better than any honda i have ever worked on ) ...checked grounds ... all good .. the only thing that i see that doesnt seem quite right is a little blue two prong wiring connector under the intake manifold that has a red with a black stripe and a black with a red stripe running into it ... please help .. this is my first supra .. i need to be enlightened .. thanx.
Spitfire_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
2jzmaestro
Stock

2jzmaestro is on a distinguished road

ask these guys they are knowledgeable and if anythign they have pretty cheap parts

hope this helps
2jzmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
Spitfire_Fox
Stock

Question

ask who guys? if you posted a link or something it didn't show up!!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
2jzmaestro
Stock

2jzmaestro is on a distinguished road

sorry haha i forgot to post the link

its these guys, i got my parts from them for pretty cheap and they helped me alot with questions and stuff

http://toyotapartszone.com
2jzmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
interested!
3" Exhaust

interested! is on a distinguished road
Question wont start-no spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_Fox View Post
ok .. heres the senario ... i bought the car with a 7mge jdm engine just installed .. the guy i got it from couldnt get it to start ... i got it home .. checked the timing checked the wiring .. disabled the alarm .. it acted like it wanted to start ( had a few backfires in the process) still had spark .. drained gas tank , added fresh gas , checked every thing again (although there is NO hole in the camshaft or camshaft journal for the timing.... at all) re checked the distributor .... everything was copacetic ... then it fired less and less .. so we checked the coil , ignitor and distributor again .. set the vehicle security system back how it was supposed to be and now ... even after changing all of the ignition system (even though it checks out) ... again .. no spark .. non from the coil .. (yes the brown wire reads 12 + volts when the ignition is on ) primary and secondary readings are both within tolerance .... the injectors are correct (yellow top) ... have tried three different MAF units and two different computers (yes there is power at the computer ) compression is 85 pounds per cylinder (pretty much all of them are really close to the same .. within one pound .. better than any honda i have ever worked on ) ...checked grounds ... all good .. the only thing that i see that doesnt seem quite right is a little blue two prong wiring connector under the intake manifold that has a red with a black stripe and a black with a red stripe running into it ... please help .. this is my first supra .. i need to be enlightened .. thanx.
Hi! Looking at the date of your post I hope you finally got your motor to start? -can you let us know what the problem was? -- and how you fixed it? - seems to be a very common problem -thanks!
interested! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:36 AM   #6
Spitfire_Fox
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by interested! View Post
Hi! Looking at the date of your post I hope you finally got your motor to start? -can you let us know what the problem was? -- and how you fixed it? - seems to be a very common problem -thanks!
Signal wire to the Distributor was bad! ...Hence no signal to the ECU. Figured this out while in the process of putting in and EDIS-6 ignition system. Runs just fine. Hope you get my reply!

ps-no longer have the 7mge... Swapping it for the 1ggte. Anyone know where I might find a flywheel?? LMK. PM. Reply... etc..etc...
Old 06-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
interested!
3" Exhaust

interested! is on a distinguished road
Smile wont start - no spark

Hi!
Thanks for your feedback! , this forum is a goldmine for researching oddball problems and solutions .
My thanks to the thread for installing a relay to overcome starter problems ,-- no problems now .
interested! is offline   Reply With Quote