Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 03-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #11
The Supra Villain
Stock

The Supra Villain is on a distinguished road

Anyone have any info on the JZE swap? I can't seem to find anything Directly related to the swap into an 89 MK3.
The Supra Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

I think your best bet is to get a 1JZ front clip... That way you get all of the required parts you need for your swap.

However, since I have no interest in doing the swap myself, I'm not sure if that's the right way to go. Try using the "Search" feature on the forum here... There are a ton of threads that talk about the swap.

Good Luck
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...-gte-swap.html
Tokico Illumina II's (TEMS) | Eibach Pro Springs | SpeedTech AntiSway Bars | Cusco Strut Tower Bars | Lexus AFM/550cc Injector Mod | SOGI short shift mod | Aluminum Driveshaft | Upgraded Fuel Pump | 12 PSI Boost | MHG | 11/30/08 Dyno 362RWHP 326ft/lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by supramacist View Post
Ya I'm the a$$hole. I think you're still mad raven cause I thought from your handle that you were a chick. I said I was sorry for that.
ravenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #14
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

supramacist is on a distinguished road

Ya I'm the a$$hole. I think you're still mad raven cause I thought from your handle that you were a chick. I said I was sorry for that.

Look guys I come here to have fun and try to help. I don't want to see anyone have to go through what I have with my ride. But on the same hand. People that aren't willing to help themselves or even know what or if they have tems...., I have issues with.

Basically everyone on this forum is great. We can all help each other and we can have fun doing it. I myself are prone to posting Q's when I get stumped. And I admit sometimes I look back and think I was retarded for not figuring it out more soon.

I may be a jerk at times but I wouldn't give out bogus 411.
Now's your chances to take your shots so let's do it and then we'll laugh and help someone save a supra.
supramacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #15
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Look guys I come here to have fun and try to help. I don't want to see anyone have to go through what I have with my ride. But on the same hand. People that aren't willing to help themselves or even know what or if they have tems...., I have issues with.

Basically everyone on this forum is great. We can all help each other and we can have fun doing it. I myself are prone to posting Q's when I get stumped. And I admit sometimes I look back and think I was retarded for not figuring it out more soon.

Now's your chances to take your shots so let's do it and then we'll laugh and help someone save a supra.
See ^ @$$hole! LOL Supramescist you know I love ya. And just so everyone knows he has helped me with alot of things on my supra and is wise in the way of upgrades, that being said hes still a jerk! LOL hit a chord with ya did i? Anyway for newbies Supramescist is a good person to turn to for questions, and I dont give out bogus 411 either. We are bopth, along with most other people on this forum, passionate about our cars which is why we come across like we do.
Anyway that being said, welcome to the forum, hope we can help save your supras.
btw I am putting your first parragraph in my sig, too funny!
Tokico Illumina II's (TEMS) | Eibach Pro Springs | SpeedTech AntiSway Bars | Cusco Strut Tower Bars | Lexus AFM/550cc Injector Mod | SOGI short shift mod | Aluminum Driveshaft | Upgraded Fuel Pump | 12 PSI Boost | MHG | 11/30/08 Dyno 362RWHP 326ft/lb

Quote:
ravenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #16
The Supra Villain
Stock

Quote:

Lol...if that was a punch to my kidenys, thats acceptable. I have no hard feelings against anyone. I am just trying to get a hand on this flat 6, turbo charged monster that they call the Supra. I could go on for days about Honda's B18c5's hand ported and polished heads and when Vtec engages but I'm trying to expand my knowledge on other car/motor types. I know that I don't know much and thats why I'm trying to learn. Hopefully from the best of the best too, Other owners!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #17
supramacist
1000whp postwhore

supramacist is on a distinguished road

Where'd you get a flat 6????

I am the way I am because I spent tooooooo much time at supramania.

Ya, some of yous' heard me right, run and tell all the other elitists.

I think I'm the black sheep of all the supraforums.
supramacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:16 AM   #18
Chambers
walbro fp

Chambers is on a distinguished road

lol, yea you do get around don't you supramacist! lol

By the way Villain, Share some pics of your car with us all, and good luck on it to!!

1986.5 Toyota Supra - NA - 5 spd
1986 Ford Ranger Lowrider - 5 spd
1984 Ford Ranger XLT - 7" Lift - 4X4 - Auto
"Stuck in the 80's"
Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #19
supradaddy0803
12psi boost

supradaddy0803 is on a distinguished road

I would say if you wanted to go 1JZ then make sure you reseach it a lot because it is not a easy swap in the amount of things you have to change over. But as for ease of mods yeah it is kinda like modding a 2JZ because they are almost the same except .5 liter and smaller turbos on the 1JZ. The turbo kits will fit the same between them with some slight mods. Also the 1JZ is a lot more reliable in the matter of throwing it and driving the piss out of it. Ask Aaron at drift motion he will tell you what kind of number they are turning out of theres. Just one thing check the ECU caps before you install it the may be bad and they will go bad just replace them and cure the problem before it starts. I have smoked a sr20det 240sx like he was sitting still with it all factory. Now I just have grip problems or I would tell you my quarter times. I spin for 70ft lol is great or not.
Tokico pillow blocks
Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bar
HKS super dragger cat-back exhaust plus test pipe
Greddy Profec B spec 2 boost controller
HKS type 1 turbo timer
Supra sport solid steel drive shaft
Walboro 255 fuel pump
JZA70 Front end mod
18" Volk Racing AV3 18x8.5 front 18x9.5 rear
supradaddy0803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #20
The Supra Villain
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradaddy0803 View Post
I would say if you wanted to go 1JZ then make sure you reseach it a lot because it is not a easy swap in the amount of things you have to change over. But as for ease of mods yeah it is kinda like modding a 2JZ because they are almost the same except .5 liter and smaller turbos on the 1JZ. The turbo kits will fit the same between them with some slight mods. Also the 1JZ is a lot more reliable in the matter of throwing it and driving the piss out of it. Ask Aaron at drift motion he will tell you what kind of number they are turning out of theres. Just one thing check the ECU caps before you install it the may be bad and they will go bad just replace them and cure the problem before it starts. I have smoked a sr20det 240sx like he was sitting still with it all factory. Now I just have grip problems or I would tell you my quarter times. I spin for 70ft lol is great or not.
What are the things that you have to change over?