View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 03:31 PM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafann
...heres the car i was talking about, i know it has a widebody on it, but imagine it withotu the wide body....i like how it all works together...
Hmmm, I'm a bit color-blind but I'm pretty sure the car in that link isn't anthracite.
Quote:
...What if i dont wanna do modifications to teh fender...
Sorry I'm confused now. If the car is widebody already, it already has the necessary fender modifications. Are you talking about modifying the widebody back to stock width?
Quote:
...whats teh ideal width of tire for teh rears and front. 19x? 19x? on the stock supra?

the only reason i said 19x10 and 19x8.5 is because it seems most supras have that combo......i wanted 19x9 fronts.and 19x10.5 for rear...but if i can go biggger without modding, that woudl be cool?
Personally, I've never seen a high-horsepower Supra running 19" diameter rims on the rear that has good traction. I'm sure everyone has heard the long-standing joke "what's the difference between a 400rwhp Supra and a 900rwhp Supra - Nothing! They both run 12s in the 1/4!"...The reason Supras originally got that reputation is when their owners made (imho) stupid decisions like running 19" diameter rims in the rear. So to get back to your question, my firm opinion is that there is no such thing as an ideal tire width for a 19" rear rim...the biggest diameter I'd consider for the rear is an 18...and that's if and only if it's 11.5" wide (as per my recommendation in bullet #2 in my post above, for a non-widebody Mkiv Supra) AND you can find a 35 or 40 series tire to go on it.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-22-2006 at 04:25 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote