Thread: New '98 Supra
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #16
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

1. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sonyps307 View Post
    All I said was there is supra running 1000hp+ on pump gas...
    ...There is NOT any Mkiv Supra Turbo with a 3L 2jz-gte running 1000hp+ on pump gas. Prove it if you think I'm wrong. Post the information about that Supra right here, in this thread.
  2. Quote:
    All I said was ... u can get 600hp with a bigger turbo and more fuel...
    Actually, what you posted was this:
    Quote:
    With a fuel system upgrade and bigger turbo he can make more then 600hp on pump gas it's been done plenty of times.
    ...which is absolutely NOT accurate or practical (see my post above for an explanation)...and therefore it is simply more of your bad advice.
  3. Quote:
    ...Of course he will need things like ..., meth injection...
    You did NOT mention anything about "meth injection" in ANY of your prior posts. If you're running meth injection, you're NOT only running pump gas. Warmkop told Mmeyer183 that you were wrong right here...and here...FOUR DAYS AGO!!!...and you still didn't do anything to fix/retract your misinformative posts, or post anything new to clarify your obviously-bad advice, until I called you out on it today.
  4. Quote:
    ...Of course he will need things like cams, head work...
    You do NOT need aftermarket cams or any head work to make 600hp with an oem 2jz-gte. You also do NOT need aftermarket cams or head work to make 600rwhp with an Mkiv Supra Turbo 3L 2jz-gte. This is yet more misinformation and bad advice that you just posted ... that could also result in Mmeyer183 wasting even more $$$ on unnecessary modifications.

Your feeble attempts to dig yourself out of this hole are only making the hole deeper. You may (or may not) actually know a thing or two about base-model 7mge MkIII's (i.e non-turbo / 'normally aspirated'), but you obviously have a LOT to learn about the 2jz-gTe. Maybe it's time to quit trying to pretend you know anything about this topic, and just sit back and read and ASK questions so you can learn something first.
  5. Quote:
    ...what I was getting at was that the 2jz stock can take 1000hp can it not...
    Don't try to change the subject. Your prior posts were all about what can be done "on pump gas" alone.
  6. Sonyps307 (again) STOP posting lies and bad advice. This isn't about anyone getting upset. This is about you posting advice that...if followed...would waste the time and money of the unfortunate people who might actually believe your lies and follow your misleading advice. Bad advice in a forum like this could even result in injury or loss of life. What if Mmeyers183 followed your idiotic advice to build a 1000hp with pump gas, and the resulting fuel detonations blew chunks of piston into the crankcase...which in turn locked up his engine while drag racing? Would you even care that your bad advice could lead to his injuries and wrecked Supra?
    Vehicle modification is not an area where guesswork by ignorant amateurs can be tolerated. Give that some thought.
  7. Sonyps307, unless you can produce evidence of this 2jz-gte Supra that by some miracle is actually "running 1000+hp ... on pump gas all day", do not post any more in this thread. If you post anything other than direct, specific information about that magic 1000hp+ pump gas 3L Supra in this thread, I will immediately delete your post from this thread AND suspend your membership in this forum. Your posts have already made it crystal-clear that you have absolutely no information of value to contribute to this thread. Consider this your final warning regarding your posting of misinformation.
Last but not least, Mmeyers183 - apologies for the digression. Please refer to my previous on-topic response, and let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 05-11-2013 at 08:28 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote