Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum!

Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/)
-   The Future of the Toyota Supra (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/the-future-of-the-toyota-supra/)
-   -   Supra vs. Skyline (http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/the-future-of-the-toyota-supra/5453-supra-vs-skyline.html)

Isphius 11-08-2006 03:44 PM

http://www.nctd.com/review-intro.cfm...&ReviewID=1667

Just search google for mercedes v12 twin turbo. lol. Its the new roadster and CL I think that have the TTv12. Sounds like a sick ride with all that torque and 610 hp...lol.

WiseAssJester 11-11-2006 11:38 AM

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/brabus_rocket.asp

Actually some impressive numbers.

Supra2NR 11-11-2006 04:13 PM

omfg

EngineType:V12, Twin-TurboDisplacement cu in (cc):380 (6233)Power bhp (kW) at RPM:730(537) / 5100Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM:974(1320) / 2100

and this is coming from a 4 door sedan?

Monkey 12-23-2006 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BP907MGTE
i do not like how toyota is making this crappy supra, i mean look at the 08 skyline GT-R, its inline 6 twin turbo with 480hp, and the supra has a v8 with 450, i think toyota needs to stick to the inline 6 and TT it and make it a competitor of the new American skyline,cuz the skyline is looking sweet, but for a pricy penny of 70,000+. i just want them to make something better lol

Just to let you know, they're not making anymore Skyline's, anymore. The one coming out in 08 is called the GT-R Proto. It's taking the place of the Skyline, just like the 350Z did for the 300ZX. My wife works at Nissan in Canton, MS, and she sent me the information about the Proto when it first came out, because she's privy to that info. She's Japanese and an interpreter, by the way.

speedneed 01-07-2007 11:58 AM

the only way to compare new supra and new skyline would be to line them up and race at race track. and again some people would like one better than other...lol. by the way: there's no replacement for displacement...more cylinders- better, smoother and you can supercharge or turbo eny engine.
me beeing 45+ and a car dealer(lucky me...lol..can work 7 days a week)..i enjoy many different cars. right now have 4 integras type r( one turbo), srt-4 neon, 88 supra turbo 5 sp, 89 turbo at, 94tt at, 05 acura rsx-s, 05 elise,93 nissan 300zx, svt focus,vr6 golf , couple of mr2's and lots of fun little civics- i love them all. they all drive different and they all are fun average cars!!!
i use to own 96 carrera ,96 r-33 skyline gt-r...great car. my favorite one was 96 gts viper...but i smashed it to pieces beeing late for a movie..:-(.
i never had a v-12....never will probably( tune ups for $1-4K).forget it.
i drove 1160 hp viper twin turbo- way way to much power,scary shit...lol.

so..cry babies...wanna fast car, get an education, work for microsoft or something like that...then you buy better car...and believe me..it will have more cylinders.....
peace :-)

Supra2NR 01-07-2007 07:01 PM

Well that about settles it
Be a dorky nerd for a little bit
Work for ms
And then transform yourself back
With a hot car
And get all the action that you missed while u were a nerd

Jasin 02-10-2007 12:59 AM

hate to say this

I hate to tell you guys bad news about supras, But this Debate is not going anywere 08 skyline is coming out, But the supra wont.. Atleast for a few more years..

Isphius 02-12-2007 04:58 AM

yea, thanks for the encouraging news. We all know anyways. lol. At least chevy is going to sell the camaro again. It is also leaked out from the US trademark ofice that pontiac renwed their trademark on the names fiero, trans am, and firebird. If pontiac releases a cobalt based, lsj(cobalt ss/sc) or ecotec, or even v6 like the old days powered fiero, I would definatley buy it!! Imagine that! But of course the trans am will just be a rebadged camaro. But still good news. If toyota ever reuses the supra name i dont think its going to be what we expect. There going to make it into a yuppie luxury/sports car like an audi rs4 or the bmw m3.

Mr.Luder 04-09-2007 07:53 PM

i vote no on the v8 but i guess if they were to come out with it, it'll be to compete with the american muscles? I don't know

Supra2NR 04-09-2007 10:01 PM

it has shown itself

Disappointment
The new evolution of the supra has shown itself
As the future sports car from toyota
Named the FT-HS a v8 hybrid???wtf
It was shown in the north american auto show with the new acura nsx, mazda ryuga, lexus lf, and the camaro too

So much for race cars of tomorow

I like the lf concept that lexus came out better, by looks and power I think its better than the ft hs
Even the nsx has a better platform
(FR v10)
Has Toyota been slacking off, or they're making lexus have all the performance cars?

Monkey 04-18-2007 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedneed
the only way to compare new supra and new skyline would be to line them up and race at race track. and again some people would like one better than other...lol. by the way: there's no replacement for displacement...more cylinders- better, smoother and you can supercharge or turbo eny engine.
me beeing 45+ and a car dealer(lucky me...lol..can work 7 days a week)..i enjoy many different cars. right now have 4 integras type r( one turbo), srt-4 neon, 88 supra turbo 5 sp, 89 turbo at, 94tt at, 05 acura rsx-s, 05 elise,93 nissan 300zx, svt focus,vr6 golf , couple of mr2's and lots of fun little civics- i love them all. they all drive different and they all are fun average cars!!!
i use to own 96 carrera ,96 r-33 skyline gt-r...great car. my favorite one was 96 gts viper...but i smashed it to pieces beeing late for a movie..:-(.
i never had a v-12....never will probably( tune ups for $1-4K).forget it.
i drove 1160 hp viper twin turbo- way way to much power,scary shit...lol.

so..cry babies...wanna fast car, get an education, work for microsoft or something like that...then you buy better car...and believe me..it will have more cylinders.....
peace :-)

That's why you're a dealer and i'm a mechanic, because, genius, yes, there is a replacement for displacement. It's called, forced induction. Read up on the subject. You might be suprised.

Supra2NR 04-18-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey
That's why you're a dealer and i'm a mechanic, because, genius, yes, there is a replacement for displacement. It's called, forced induction. Read up on the subject. You might be suprised.

thats funny,
i think pple knew it but they jus ddnt wanna say anything

Monkey 04-19-2007 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra2NR
thats funny,
i think pple knew it but they jus ddnt wanna say anything

I just get sick and tired of dumbasses who keep throwing out that same lame arguement about the whole "There's no replacement for displacement" arguement. I kind of compare that to the whole This VS. That arguement. Like the Supra VS. Skyline. They both have their good and bad points. I think there's really no comparison between the supra and skyline, anyway, since the supra has been here, and if you want a skyline, you have to drop some denero to get one over here, not to mention the money to make sure it can pass American safety standards. Besides, the jackasses who use the displacement arguement, i don't think have really owned a forced induction vehicle. If they do say the owned a turbo or supercharged car/truck and still say there's no replacement for displacement is lying their ass off about owning one. I work with a guy who still to this day thinks that it's impossible to get 500 hp out of a Honda Civic and be street legal. I show him article after article from my Import Tuner subscription and he's still in denial. Maybe after i finally get some bills payed off and rebuild my 92 turbo Eclipse with the bulletproof, stroker internals that i've been wanting to do since i parked it two years ago for eatin' the shit out of some oil because the rings are slap worn out, and run his ass on the street in his redneckified 98 Chevy EXT cab with a weakass 350, with my boost on about, oh let's say 16 lbs of boost where i last left my Eclipse on, and he only sees my taillights, then maybe he'll think twice about talking shit about my rice burner. It's tough being a Yankee living in MS working with a bunch of closed minded, uneducated rednecks. He thinks that the only real power out there is top fuel dragsters. I have to constantly remind him that this is the real world and that you can't drive that thing on the street. I can, however, drive a 500 hp civic on the street, and still be street legal.

Okay, end rant.

supraman121 04-22-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey
I just get sick and tired of dumbasses who keep throwing out that same lame arguement about the whole "There's no replacement for displacement" arguement. I kind of compare that to the whole This VS. That arguement. Like the Supra VS. Skyline. They both have their good and bad points. I think there's really no comparison between the supra and skyline, anyway, since the supra has been here, and if you want a skyline, you have to drop some denero to get one over here, not to mention the money to make sure it can pass American safety standards. Besides, the jackasses who use the displacement arguement, i don't think have really owned a forced induction vehicle. If they do say the owned a turbo or supercharged car/truck and still say there's no replacement for displacement is lying their ass off about owning one. I work with a guy who still to this day thinks that it's impossible to get 500 hp out of a Honda Civic and be street legal. I show him article after article from my Import Tuner subscription and he's still in denial. Maybe after i finally get some bills payed off and rebuild my 92 turbo Eclipse with the bulletproof, stroker internals that i've been wanting to do since i parked it two years ago for eatin' the shit out of some oil because the rings are slap worn out, and run his ass on the street in his redneckified 98 Chevy EXT cab with a weakass 350, with my boost on about, oh let's say 16 lbs of boost where i last left my Eclipse on, and he only sees my taillights, then maybe he'll think twice about talking shit about my rice burner. It's tough being a Yankee living in MS working with a bunch of closed minded, uneducated rednecks. He thinks that the only real power out there is top fuel dragsters. I have to constantly remind him that this is the real world and that you can't drive that thing on the street. I can, however, drive a 500 hp civic on the street, and still be street legal.

Okay, end rant.

Need some mad cash for 500hp to the front wheels of the civic lol but it can be done but a v8 with the same power i would think would smoke the civic lol because of the desplacment... seeing how the torque is what gets you up to speed, have all the hp you want but your going to need alot of torque aswell, but i would drive a civic with 500hp

huw_lew@hotmail.com 04-27-2008 11:25 AM

Supra=DADDY COOL

If you want to be a nerd get a skyline

If you want to be a ledgend get a supra!!

SideWinderGX 05-16-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huw_lew@hotmail.com (Post 57818)
If you want to be a nerd get a skyline

If you want to be a legend get a supra!!

I'd bold what you spelled wrong, but its already bold...because you must think that its cool to write in bold and a larger size font.

Moron.

Oh, and to extend upon a few things, you don't own either of these cars being talked about, and you definitely wouldn't be able to describe anything in depth about either of them. Nice try though.

salomon68 11-04-2008 04:01 AM

FYI, the new Nissan GT-R does not have an inline six (I6) block, it's a V6.

EthanMKIII 11-08-2008 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salomon68 (Post 64808)
FYI, the new Nissan GT-R does not have an inline six (I6) block, it's a V6.

Thats the reason why its not a Skyline. Really its just a modded 350Z, skyline Gt-Rs have always been inline sixs and would be dishonorble to name the new Gt-R a skyline.

supraman911 12-18-2008 06:55 AM

Toyota have sort of stuffed up the Supras because the 2009 is a hybrid and the front has NO MUSCLE! me like the 2006:yum:

russell :) 12-18-2008 11:33 PM

lol the only reason u guys are mad is cause u dont have 70k to spend on a bad ass car u cant argue with a 3.7 liter twinturbo gtr it doesnt hurt the name it only makes it better its a 11 second quarter mile car stock for god sakes alot better then the inline six version

russell :) 12-18-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EthanMKIII (Post 64888)
Thats the reason why its not a Skyline. Really its just a modded 350Z, skyline Gt-Rs have always been inline sixs and would be dishonorble to name the new Gt-R a skyline.

the skylines used to be 4 cylinders if u look back and all they did is make it better

EthanMKIII 12-23-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russell :) (Post 65814)
the skylines used to be 4 cylinders if u look back and all they did is make it better

ya the shitty skylines where 4 cylinders the top model Gt-Rs was inline sixs

russell :) 12-23-2008 07:43 AM

lol alright but u have to admit it really doesnt matter if its a 4 cyl inline six v6 v8 they all can go fast just cause its not a inline 6 doesnt mean its not bad ass 350z are bad ass the new 370z is bad ass and a twin turbo 370z would be even more bad ass once u make it all wheel drive u got a new gtr whats to complain about u still got 6 cylinders lol tourque up the ass amazing handleing still looks sick what makes it any different then saying a zr1 isnt a corvette because it has a supercharger in it they change the engines in about every car that they make new either the liters cylinders most of its for the better

EthanMKIII 12-24-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russell :) (Post 65916)
lol alright but u have to admit it really doesnt matter if its a 4 cyl inline six v6 v8 they all can go fast just cause its not a inline 6 doesnt mean its not bad ass 350z are bad ass the new 370z is bad ass and a twin turbo 370z would be even more bad ass once u make it all wheel drive u got a new gtr whats to complain about u still got 6 cylinders lol tourque up the ass amazing handleing still looks sick what makes it any different then saying a zr1 isnt a corvette because it has a supercharger in it they change the engines in about every car that they make new either the liters cylinders most of its for the better

I'm not dissing the car at all, its a great car. I'm just saying its not a skyline. Its a sooped up 350z. I still like the R34 better.

YouTube - J. Clarkson - Thriller - Nissan GTR HD
500hp and its still not fun to drive. For the money i'd rather have a Audi R8 or a Z06 something nice to drive.
sure its got

rabidsquirrel 01-24-2009 05:51 PM

i have to say i would go with the supra. just cause i have always been a supra guy. the skyline may be newer and produce more h/p, and yes it may even look amazing. but I have faith toyota will smarten up go back to the inline 6 tt. and the supra is a head turner as well. just sayin that im not a bandwagon jumper TOYOTA all the way!

supraman911 01-28-2009 12:52 AM

good on ya rabidsquirell you have good beileif in toyota :) and supra 4 the looks and passion GO SUPRA

jerzeyballa1 07-14-2009 01:11 AM

THE NEW SUPRA IS SLEEK and SEXY... THE NEW SUPRA IS GOING TO TURN HEADS... YEA it's a tab bit weaker than the SKYLINE but with the right MOD's u'll be aiite... SUPRA VS SKYLINE... that is a hard call... both look hot and both are fast... can't decide...

Toyota Fan 08-25-2009 10:13 PM

As much as I love supras...

Skyline new and old will smoke it stock or modded... its just a monster of a car but hell supras are in the top if done right thats good enough for me to be in second the pay 40k to import and old one or 75k for a new GTR btw new GTR is amazing

excaflowne 10-30-2009 07:36 PM

theres unbeatable for skyline, practical tests showed the car had a factory power output of closer to 330 PS (325 hp) at the flywheel ( remember the Traffic School ? ) . The lower published figure was Nissan's response to the need to abide by a gentleman's agreement between the Japanese auto manufacturers not to release a car to the public exceeding 280 PS (276 hp) of power output.