Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Show n Tell

Old 08-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
cageceo
Intake

cageceo is on a distinguished road
Default Current Ride, Mustang 5.0

this is my current Car,1989 mustang LX 5.0 Mostly stock, new paint job, soem body work on dent and dings, new exhaust, and rebuilt tranny.. showing it here as after this im getting the SUPRA !!! WOOT, but for now let me just show what i got. Enjoy

Old 08-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
D_Train
3" Exhaust

D_Train is on a distinguished road

Detail that babay! Meguiars makes some awesome products, and that car looks like it could use a little scratch-x from them even though the paint is new. I would take a clay-bar to it also to really make it shine.

Let me know if you've detailed cars before b/c I don't want to go into a huge description if you already have your own way of doing things. But heres a look at my supra after last sunday's detailing... :-D

D_Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
cageceo
Intake

Default New World

Please share you wisdom my friend. no i'm just the average cleaner guy when it comes to making the car Clean, you know car Soap, water, a Soft bristle car brush, and a towle for drying it up faster to avoid water spots. interior which i didn't do since it was so freaking hot here in Florida is usally Vacum, Clean out the mats, and toss in a few sprits of Fabreeze or this Car scent stuff i bought.

i heard from the guy who did the paint job for me about the bar of clay i would need to use if i don't wash the car often. which happened cause of a situation with water here, so no one was allowed to wash there car.. unless of course if it rained...lol, could you imagine me outside in the rain washing my car using the Rain wateR ?

well anyways yeah man share with me your techniques and what not, i Could really use them to Bring out the nice shine as your Supra has. links to products help as well.
well much appreciation for the help / comment,

Alex ( cageceo)

P.S. just to be clear, lol, no i have never really done detailing.

Last edited by cageceo; 08-04-2007 at 12:20 AM.
cageceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:13 AM   #4
JPDsupra
3" Exhaust

JPDsupra is on a distinguished road

Nice mustang, BTW I have a friend who wants to build a full blown drag car and he needs a car(perferably american) to start with so if you are going to sell it anytime soon he might go for it. What times do you run at the track?

Go to this link another one not sure if N/A or turbo but give it a try.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Last edited by JPDsupra; 08-04-2007 at 03:17 AM.
JPDsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #5
cageceo
Intake

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDsupra
Nice mustang, BTW I have a friend who wants to build a full blown drag car and he needs a car(perferably american) to start with so if you are going to sell it anytime soon he might go for it. What times do you run at the track?

thanks bro, i try and takecare of the car and honestly i have yet to take it to the track can you believe it ?? manily since it's my daily driver, i don't want to mess anything up or Force it get me ?? they say 5.0 engines are tough but im not willing to find out. the Cars in great shape all orginal except the motor which was rebuilt, or remanufactured. all i know is it runs great, the passenger door which i had replaced it was really messed up and a bit on the rusty side. the originall tranny with 200K+ miles lol, it lasted long and was really good. was looking to get the stick put in but it cost alot and with work i didn't have time to jack the car up, and do the work on it and then install the pedals, the cables, and everything else.

and yes it for sale or going to be in about a week. if your friend lives near me tell him to pass by ill let him/her check it out.

only probs i got with the car as of now.
-AC i need to replace a Vacum hose, and purge the system of any air. cause it's not cooling as good.
-hatch on the Back has a hard time Closing, i have to gauge the Bolt correctly.
-Tranny is slipping slightly, need more Tranny Fluid.
-there is a small leak that occurs when it rains really heavy at the back of the passenger door.

easy stuff just takes time, patience and knowledge. which i will be working on to have it done before this friday coming up. im putting the car up for 5.5K

Car comes with the RM, the mats, a few small parts that i got for the door extra, a extra rear light that came with the Car, and the New rims, and old. since they are both Ford-mustang rims no sense in me keeping them. the new ones require a Converter kit though... which i found out today>_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDsupra
Go to this link another one not sure if N/A or turbo but give it a try.
Yup N/a but thanks for trying to help
Old 08-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
fulljapan
3" Exhaust

fulljapan is on a distinguished road

I'm not a big fan of Ford but your mustang is mint! My friend owns one, only thing he changed is the exhaust and the air intake, his best time is 13.9 on the 1/4 mile!
fulljapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
cageceo
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulljapan
I'm not a big fan of Ford but your mustang is mint!
thank you very much, i try and well i got lucky finding this one through my dad. it's wierd i bought it out of need since my old mitsubishi was giving me too many problem... i miss that old school(1989) galant it was Fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulljapan
My friend owns one, only thing he changed is the exhaust and the air intake, his best time is 13.9 on the 1/4 mile!
What did he do to the Intake ??

Exhaust is a Straight through Xpipe no cats. so nothing else i can do to clear up the passages out sounds nice though.

i think for mostly stock 13.9 is pretty nice.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
fulljapan
3" Exhaust

fulljapan is on a distinguished road

i dont exactly know what he did to the intake...

his sound is very nice but still i dont like the look of 5-0s :P i only like supras jk
fulljapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #9
cageceo
Intake

Red face

LOL, yeah every one is entitled to their own opinion but i agree with your joke, lol . i perfer the supras Look over my 5.0, but for some reason i keep hearing " don't sell the car" or " Nice Car, wish i had one" mainly from more mature people , and a few teens. i think i need like a Car appreciation Class, i don't see what they see or know about the Car.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #10
D_Train
3" Exhaust

D_Train is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cageceo
Please share you wisdom my friend. no i'm just the average cleaner guy when it comes to making the car Clean, you know car Soap, water, a Soft bristle car brush, and a towle for drying it up faster to avoid water spots. interior which i didn't do since it was so freaking hot here in Florida is usally Vacum, Clean out the mats, and toss in a few sprits of Fabreeze or this Car scent stuff i bought.

i heard from the guy who did the paint job for me about the bar of clay i would need to use if i don't wash the car often. which happened cause of a situation with water here, so no one was allowed to wash there car.. unless of course if it rained...lol, could you imagine me outside in the rain washing my car using the Rain wateR ?

well anyways yeah man share with me your techniques and what not, i Could really use them to Bring out the nice shine as your Supra has. links to products help as well.
well much appreciation for the help / comment,

Alex ( cageceo)

P.S. just to be clear, lol, no i have never really done detailing.
Ya dude for sure!! I'll send you some links and some descriptions when I have a little more time. I havn't been on the forums that much lately so bear with me. You'll have to buy a few things to really get it nice and shiny (microfiber cloths, mitts, applicator pads, products, etc) Lots of people want to just apply product with regular cloths or use the same applicator pad for one product with another product. This is the part I wouldn't skimp on b/c crappy cloths/pads/etc. will scratch your paint. edit: the scrathces will be those tiny little swirls that you see when the sun reflects off your car. a good run-through or two with scratch x and a good wax will reduce the look of those little scrathces. l I'll post a few more tips and links later. Take it easy.
D_Train is offline   Reply With Quote