Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 07-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
cageceo
Intake

cageceo is on a distinguished road
Default Supra's for a Decent price !

every now and then i look at autotrader, car ad's anything that might give me a chance at owning a MKIV supra. yes i know hard to find, but who knows i can get lucky ?? anyways, as usal i wake up on monday morning, and decided crap let me look up supras. Nothing, but and Ad' poped up "damn pop-up's"
and it lead me to this website called, autosource. Seems to good to be true, but there's no proof, like no customers saying "autosource was Awesome, i got my ( insert cool car ) Finally !" and i looked it up, and i only found people on some other forums wondering about the same thing. maybe i might have the same result here but some one posted it they lie about their prices... so does that mean... they are decent but the prices are off ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedneed
autosource lies about their prices. they showing cars and prices for what they 'sold' them....they show 96 skyline gtr that i bought at the auction for$33.5k saing it sold for 12k....bull.......

btw..i have salvaged 94tt supra that will receive wide body kit soon..then it will be for sale..couple mo. i think..
ill PM, speed need, but for now incase he doesn't answer.

1. Does anyone know anyone who tried this site before ??

2. Are there any reliable , trustful sites where you can get Good deals on used supras, conditon is not Too much of a Factor, i perfer cars that are stock or that need cosmetic work i would perfer to rebuild the car.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated been saving cash for a while now, and working jobs like a mad kid...yes that's right kid lol, im 19 but i have liked the supra since i first saw it,when i was 9.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
mobes
Stock

mobes is on a distinguished road

They just sell you a link to a salvage auction site:

http://www.ridesafely.com/

Prices vary but are generally what you'd expect to pay for a rebuildable car.
mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
cageceo
Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobes
They just sell you a link to a salvage auction site:

http://www.ridesafely.com/

car.
is the site that is offered from autosource ??, Also have you used http://www.ridesafely.com/
as i am looking for a Safe site, and if soem has had great results using them im more then happy to give it a shot.

thanks for the reply mobes, again any Advice and such is greatly appreciated
Old 07-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
Jeff_5_7
3" Exhaust

Jeff_5_7 is on a distinguished road

does anybody no about when it says insurance auction what does that mean or if it is a flood car does thaty mean it wont run or wht im confused on the different auction types

1988 supra n/a just finsihed 5 speed swap
goal is 400hp with a turbo motor swap
Jeff_5_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
cageceo
Intake

Talking usually

usually insurance auction means that, the insurance company that has the vehicle is auctioning it. and therefore the broker, or company your using to buy the Car needs to Go and Bid on the car in person like a real auction.

"do i here 50, can i get 50, ok we got 50, can i get 100, 100 folks come on, 100, ok we got 100, do i hear 200, 200 for this fine Wrecked Car, come on 200.. alright, 200 going once, going twice, Sold!"

and as for Flood Damage, i really suggest you don't do it. here are the issues with Flood damage.

Electic- all electric components, wires, chips, sensors are messed up and if turned on will proabably cause malfunctions or may come on fire.

Engine - all engine components, will be full of water so the engine it self unless which i even doubt it will work, but unless you get it rebuilt chances are .. it may not run.

Body - Depending on where , and how long you Could have Body rust.. eww

At least with a wrecked car, that got smashed on the side or something, or like one that was stolen, sure it looks pretty messed up in that one area. Usally you can just buy or find the new area of damage. and if it was stolen you will probably replace the parts with custom stuff. but you don't have to worry about body rust, the engine is still intact, and the wiring will probably not be Bad.

Also, look to see what titel they have. Be extremly careful on that info as that info can make you or break you.

Example.

certificate of destruction - means the car is no Good and in most states even if rebuilt will not get a title. no title, no insurace and no driving it legally

so Quick recap from what i learned reading sites and such.

Certifacate of destruction - no good, car can only be used for parts, or export.

Insurace Auction - the car is not Owned by the company your using to buy the car and they will go and bid on the car but offer no security that they will get it. but will most likely refund your deposite or use it towrds your next offer ( you will need to read those rules/guildlines each site has slighty different ones)

Salvage title - the car was in an accident, and has a title stating it was in an accident. this is used to avoid people from repairing the car and selling it as new, or uncrashed.

Certificate of Sales - means the title is lost, and they have waited the time to get a title to sell it. here's the probelm it's hard to get a title for it and if the title owner comes around it's his / her car, so you lost your money.

usally just read it, it should have a discription of the info. take your time, breathe and REad