Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Off Topic Forum

Old 02-23-2007, 04:44 AM   #1
redmaro
walbro fp

redmaro is on a distinguished road
Default Scam?

I was looking on Yuma.craigslist.org and a guy is selling a Honda Accord 03 for only $3,950. You guys think its real. Will my money really be safe if I buy it over Ebay?

This the email he respoded with VVVVVVVVVVV

Hello and sorry for my delay,

I'm Sgt. Carol Elkins. 2003 Honda Accord LX is in perfect working condition.This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty.This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line.The car has only 26500 original miles.VIN Number: 1hgcm563x3a145403
Transmission: Automatic
Year: 2003 Fuel Type: Gasoline
Standard Equipment:
Power Steering Power Windows Power Locks Power Mirrors Security System Anti-Lock Brakes Traction Control System Driver's Air Bag Passenger Air Bag Side Air Bags Intermittent Wipers Rear Defogger

Here are the pics of the car :
http://usera.imagecave.com/HONDAACCORD/

So if you decide on buying the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay's Safe Purchase program. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. I signed up for US military forces and I was sent here with my department for peace maintenance.I am located in Helsinki, Finland. 3 months ago, my wife moved here, with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States, because we can't drive it here because we can't register it here; it has US specs and everything, and registering it here in Europe will take for ever. My final price on it is US 3,950 $. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping .It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Cheers,
Carol and Collen Elkins
Old 02-23-2007, 04:52 AM   #2
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road

Now I know you have lots of $$$$$ to burn, so why not take a chance.

Of course, you might ask yourself this (since I was a car salesman for 3 years)....why wouldn't he just go sell it to a dealer today??? Dealers buy cars every day. They pay below book value, but that car is worth more than the guy is asking.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:59 AM   #3
redmaro
walbro fp

redmaro is on a distinguished road

Yeah i know its worth much more. I sent him an email, see what he responds.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:34 AM   #4
SideWinderGX
3" Exhaust

SideWinderGX is on a distinguished road

dont, its a scam.

youll see a lot of emails like this...firstly, if you pay through ebay and they 'hold your money' until YOU say you have the car, whats to say you just hold the money forever and say you never received the item? that wont work. ebay doesnt have that option.

secondly, who the hell brings a honda with them overseas? maybe if he got free shipping from the military, as often happens...but still. ive read lots of stories like this, where people supposedly go to Europe with their cars and try to sell it to someone in the US and say theyll ship it back. unfortunately, it just isnt real. they could just as easily sell it in europe...correct me if im wrong, but arent smog laws more lax over there anyways? there might be some things to overcome but it isnt that hard.

i wouldnt do it, i dont wanna see someone get scammed. you could donate the money to me to help fix up this 87 supra im gonna buy =P i need cash for a new HG lol. jk. but yeah, if you do decide to go forward with this...watch out.
SideWinderGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

Think about this,
Do you really think they need to identify themselves when selling sumthing?

I use craigslist too,
I got pple telling that they are firefighters
Cops, doctors, attorneys etc
So they can sound like they have credibility

Don't buy anything that you have seen, felt,or smelled lol

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote